CoinPeople.com

Any idea what this is?

Trey

Commemorative medal dedicated to the opening of the Trinity bridge over Neva river in St. Petersburg. The bridge was constructed to commemorate the 25th marriage anniversary of emperor Alexander the 3rd and his wife Maria Fedorovna.

Thanks! Any thoughts as to who the third person on the front of the coin might be?

Trey, out of curiosity -

How did you come across this medal?

Not knowing what it is, why did you hold on to it for so long?

When I was growing up in the 60's and early 70's I was into coin collecting. I had an aunt who lived in New York city who would always bring me coins when she visited. I don't have a recollection of her giving me this specific coin but I can't come up with any other explanation. I used to go to a coin shop and buy coins myself but I'm sure I only bought U.S. coins. Over the last 30 years or so I haven't paid much attention to my coin collection. With the recent rise in silver prices I was curious to see exactly what I had. That's when I came across the Russian medal and decided to look online to see what it was. I was amazed to find this forum! The funny thing is that when I was a kid I'm sure I wasn't impressed with this coin but now I think it's pretty cool!

No, I don't think so. If it did it's long gone.

your aunt had a good taste when visiting you and giving you a bridge medal :)

Archived