CoinPeople.com

My foruth sample Slab Article

acan451

Nice article Alan. Among my sample slabs I have a SAC from the FUN luncheon in Orlando a few years back and a Statehood Quarter from an ANA Course that I took - Coins in the Classroom. They are all rather hard to find and I agree with you that the prices are moving up rapidly. It is quite a challenge to put together a decent collection of sample slabs.

Hi Art

You are correct, it is getting harder to put a sample set together.

That being said I just won two wheat Penny' for $1.27 each.

Also I just saw a Kennedy sell for under $12.00.

So bargains are out there, but yes they can be very hard to find.

If you keep an eye on the sample sites you habetterbeter chance of snagging a deal.

Alan

You're getting some great finds. What sites are you using to find these bargains? (If you don't mind my asking.)

You're getting some great finds. What sites are you using to find these bargains? (If you don't mind my asking.)

Hi Art

I don't mind at all.

I usually go to eBAY type sample slabs intosearchserch bar, then I make a shortcut of the site tdesktopaktop.

Usually any new sample slabs will be added to the page, so when I take a look I can see whatever has been added.

Some times I have I will make two pages with short cuts to my desktop..

you also get to know the sellers who tend to sell samplesof sampes slabs.

Hope that helped

All the Best

Alan

Hi Art

I don't mind at all.

I usually go to eBAY type sample slabs intosearchserch bar, then I make a shortcut of the site tdesktopaktop.

Usually any new sample slabs will be added to the page, so when I take a look I can see whatever has been added.

Some times I have I will make two pages with short cuts to my desktop..

you also get to know the sellers who tend to sell samplesof sampes slabs.

Hope that helped

All the Best

Alan

Thanks Alan. I've been watching them on ebay for a while and have a saved search for them but haven't found anything great in quite a while. You must be beating me to any goodies that show up. :grin: (Only kidding!)

Thanks Alan. I've been watching them on ebay for a while and have a saved search for them but haven't found anything great in quite a while. You must be beating me to any goodies that show up. :grin: (Only kidding!)

HI aRT

Give these a try and then just let them build up,as more sre added.

Alan

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A4728&rt=nc&_nkw=PCGS+SAMPLE&_dmd=2&_dmpt=Coins_US_Individual&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_vc=1

http://coins.shop.ebay.com/Coins-Paper-Money-/11116/i.html?_kw=sample&_kw=slab&_dmd=2

http://coins.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=NGC++SAMPLE&_sacat=11116&_dmpt=Coins_US_Individual&_dmd=2&_odkw=PCGS+SAMPLE&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Archived