CoinPeople.com

Any opinions on this one?

bobh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280712139092

The scroll with denomination looks very strange. Otherwise, could be the real thing?

At first look, the photos seem to show the real thing. Of course, close inspection is needed in person, to be sure!

This seller seems to have a pile of collectable material, but if he is in Russia, isnt it a risk, as far as getting it out of the country?

At first look, the photos seem to show the real thing. Of course, close inspection is needed in person, to be sure!

This seller seems to have a pile of collectable material, but if he is in Russia, isnt it a risk, as far as getting it out of the country?

I agree with Squirrel - coin looks good. On the coin shown we see traces of a K (of the 10 Kopeek 1796). On the other side of the coin shown must have been the other side of the earlier 1796 10 kopeek. Which was a monogram surrounded by circles. And traces of two of those earlier circles show on the restruck coin's scroll. That is not unusual but of course makes it look funny.

The $800 asked is a stiff price. The seller being near Moscow (where the highest prices are paid for old Russian coins) does not get that much there (otherwise he would not eBay the coin in the US). AND there is a problem of getting old coins out of Russia (and receiving the prepaid coin).

Resuming: Good coin but expensive and risky. :yes: Good luck - Sigi

This seller as honest and reliable. This is a guy I bought a Siberian 1766 polushka I showed to you around a year ago. Coin was a lot smaller and I received it in a plain letter envelope with no problem.

Archived