CoinPeople.com

Malaysia 1984 50 sen coin with brockage reverse error on obverse side???Help please

Hi,nice to see everyone in this forum once again.I have just bought a Malaysia 1984 50 sen error coin but not sure if it is a brockage reverse error or not on obverse side.First of all,I would think it is a brockage reverse error coin because I have seen quite a few with the same error like this one selling on ebay.Unfortunely,I could not confirm this error yet because I am not an error coin expert at all but just an error coin collector.So,that is why I need some help from the error coin experts to identify and confirm this error of what kind of error happend on this coin.There is no parlimen house but reverse side in a reverse way can be seen on the obverse side and it is normal on the reverse side shows on this coin.Hopefully this is not a hammer job anymore but it is a real mint error coin.I have a few question below:

1.Is this rare or common error appeared on the Malaysia old 50 sen coin?

2.Has anyone ever seen error like this on any Malaysia old coin before this?

3.Is this considred as an interesting error?

4.What happend to the die during the processing?

5.Does the 50 looks huge to you?

6.What its worth?

Please answer all of my question above,your explanation and opinion are needed too.Your help is always apprieiciated from me.Please refer to the scans below and see carefully.Hope to hear from someone else very soon.Anyway,Thank you very much and have a nice day.

4-17.jpg

5-15.jpg

6-14.jpg

That depends on the quality control.

No, but this question would be more relevant for an active dealer of Malaysian coins.

Are not all errors interesting? ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brockage

??

6.What its worth?

That primarily hinges on the collectibility of Malaysian error coins, and would be best answered by a Malayian or Singapore coin dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe you never know what $ you can get for EF-AU striking error when it comes to World Coins. hex all of 2009 Chile 20-$1.00 have Chile spelled wrong.

May I know what are you talking about?Did you post wrong reply or comment on this topic?Sorry if I hurt your feeling because I am just curious of what you have commented above here.

That depends on the quality control.

No, but this question would be more relevant for an active dealer of Malaysian coins.

Are not all errors interesting? ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brockage

??

6.What its worth?

That primarily hinges on the collectibility of Malaysian error coins, and would be best answered by a Malayian or Singapore coin dealer.

Hi,I am not interested to know anything about the quality countrol during the processing in the factory and released into the public after that.My question is if this brockage error coin is common or rare in the market right now at this moment.From my experience,old Malaysia error coins are certainly rare or very uncommonly seen just like this one and probably this error coin is the only one in the world of what I believe.Unfortunely,I cannot confirm about it but if someone shows me another error coin exactly like this one then I will be satisfied and realize that my believe is wrong.Beside that,I have taken it and asked many dealers over here in my country and they have no idea about the value and said "It is your own price,willing seller and willing buyer deal" ,that is it because it is not listed in any of the coin catalogues that I have right now.The fifth question I mean is the number 50 of the value designs look huge to you or not when you look at it.Anyway,this coin design is really looks so simple and the brockage error looks so fantastic to me.I just cannot stop looking at it most of the time during day and night.This is the best brockage error coin that I have owned and I love it very much to be honest.I would only sell it away if someone offered me a good price but I have decided to keep it first.Anyway,thank you for your reply with your answered and I apprieiciated it very much.

You might want to search the images on flickr of adanisherrorcollector. If you have a flickr account (they are free for limited use accounts), you could send him a message. He has the most comprehensive foreign error collection that I have seen.

Archived