CoinPeople.com

Malaysia 2005 Unusual 10 sen copper coin.A new discovery?You must see this,dont miss out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,nice to see everyone over here once again.

Here is a piece of Malaysia 2005 Unusual 10 sen copper coin and I have just found this coin from my coin collection.Honestly,I have never seen any Malaysia 10 sen copper coin before and probably this is the first time in my whole life as a coin collector.Beside that,half rim on top part is missing too on both sides.I would think this 10 sen copper coin is certainly unusual and I really have no idea what happend to this 10 sen copper coin during the processing.

This Malaysia 10 sen copper coin is in uncirculated condition,shining luster surface on both sides and I believe this is a genuine coin.I would laugh like anything when I look at this coin everytime and probably you will never find any country 10 cents copper coin for sure.

I believe this is a Malaysia 1 sen coin but it was minted by the 10 sen die if I am not wrong about it because the size is just exactly like the Malaysia 1 sen copper coin after compare with it.Unfortunely,I am not a coin expert and also unable to certify if what I thought is true.Surely I need help from the coin experts over here to identify it and explain what happend to this 10 sen coin and explain in detail,your opinion is needed too.Your help,explaination and opinion are very much apprieiciated as usual from me.I have a question over here,is this rare or a common thing minted on a wrong material for a coin like this?Hopefully you can answer this question.

Please refer to the scans below and let me know what you think.Thank you very much and have a nice day.

5-14.jpg

6-13.jpg

Looks okay to me - if the 1 sen planchet is indeed a bit smaller than the 10 sen planchet, then yes, it appears to be a 10 sen struck on a 1 sen planchet.

Rarity would depend on the mintages and quality control.

In the US, where the 10c is a little smaller than the 1c, a relatively common planchet error (but still very scarce) is for a 10c planchet to be struck by 1c dies.

Looks okay to me - if the 1 sen planchet is indeed a bit smaller than the 10 sen planchet, then yes, it appears to be a 10 sen struck on a 1 sen planchet.

Rarity would depend on the mintages and quality control.

In the US, where the 10c is a little smaller than the 1c, a relatively common planchet error (but still very scarce) is for a 10c planchet to be struck by 1c dies.

Hi ccg,Thank you for replying me with your comment and I apprieiciate it very much.I have to fully agree with you that 10 sen struck on a 1 sen planchet is certainly very rare and I really have no idea if the same thing happened on the lincoln cent or not,hopefully to see a lincoln 10 cents copper coin as soon as possible.

Archived