CoinPeople.com

Help Please

noodles77

Hello Coin People,

I recently won an auction from "Ebay.de" in Germany. It was a 1756 10 Rouble coin in fairly good condition. My question is about the strike of the coin. I know back then the coins were struck by hand and as you can see on the photos I have provided, the numbers of the date have clearly been struck twice, especially the number 7 and 5. Also, you cant tell by the photo but there is faint lettering on both sides of this coin around the rim just above the main writing mostly around 11:00 on both sides. It looks as the it was struck wrong and then re-struck or possibly this was another coin and was stamped with the new date. I guess what I really want to know is if anyone can tell me if this is a rare error coin or is this a fake. I have never seen a coin like this and I have 30 days to return it. I am sending it for grading but I have found especially with old coins, both NGC and PCGS often return them "no decision.

Thank you

02b79e3a472e.jpg

138487b89b38.jpg

Hello Coin People,

I recently won an auction from "Ebay.de" in Germany. It was a 1756 10 Rouble coin in fairly good condition. My question is about the strike of the coin. I know back then the coins were struck by hand and as you can see on the photos I have provided, the numbers of the date have clearly been struck twice, especially the number 7 and 5. Also, you cant tell by the photo but there is faint lettering on both sides of this coin around the rim just above the main writing mostly around 11:00 on both sides. It looks as the it was struck wrong and then re-struck or possibly this was another coin and was stamped with the new date. I guess what I really want to know is if anyone can tell me if this is a rare error coin or is this a fake. I have never seen a coin like this and I have 30 days to return it. I am sending it for grading but I have found especially with old coins, both NGC and PCGS often return them "no decision.

Thank you

Don't think it's genuine, in my humble opinion

Thank you for your opinion, I also question its authenticity. I have only been collecting a few years and I am fairly new to all this. I buy only graded coins for the most part but thought I would a take a chance on this one since most coins from this century are not graded. May I ask what makes you think its fake?

Hello Coin People,

I have 30 days to return it. Thank you

modern fake :evilbanana:

use above your option ASAP, IMXO

Hello Coin People,

Thank you

Photo bad. But it is seen that cast a fake.

Archived