CoinPeople.com

Sad news

Loyal Citizen

Sorry for bring this sad news to all of you - our friend and a Coin People contributor, the Oldman, passed away yesterday.

He was a really nice person and "coin-lover" as he liked to say.

He has never been a public person and dedicated his life to two passions: kids and numismatics.

He lived in a small town near Atlanta and I, last time , saw him a couple of months ago. He was very sick but in good spirit.

Anyway, I thought I should bring this sad news to the forum.

Sorry for bring this sad news to all of you - our friend and a Coin People contributor, the Oldman, passed away yesterday.

He was a really nice person and "coin-lover" as he liked to say.

He has never been a public person and dedicated his life to two passions: kids and numismatics.

He lived in a small town near Atlanta and I, last time , saw him a couple of months ago. He was very sick but in good spirit.

Anyway, I thought I should bring this sad news to the forum.

I am sorry to hear this and wish to express my condolences to his friends and family. May he rest in peace. :sorry:

I'm at loss at words - although Oldman didn't participate often here, once in a while he popped in and shared some of his knowledge and experience. I wasn't anywhere at his collection and passion level but found his posts interesting. What is left is his archive on this forum, which will stay with us. RIP and thank you.

I'm at loss at words - although Oldman didn't participate often here, once in a while he popped in and shared some of his knowledge and experience. I wasn't anywhere at his collection and passion level but found his posts interesting. What is left is his archive on this forum, which will stay with us. RIP and thank you.

I'm a little late with my condolences, but I am also very sorry to hear of Oldman's passing. I only wish he had been able to share more of his experience and collection with us during the short time that he was a forum member.

He was definitely the kind of participant I would have liked to have known personally. Without divulgence of any personal data, I wonder if anyone here who DID know Oldman could give us a little background about what he collected (Russian coins, obviously, but anything else in addition) and what words of wisdom he might have left for the rest of us?

I'm a little late with my condolences, but I am also very sorry to hear of Oldman's passing. I only wish he had been able to share more of his experience and collection with us during the short time that he was a forum member.

He was definitely the kind of participant I would have liked to have known personally. Without divulgence of any personal data, I wonder if anyone here who DID know Oldman could give us a little background about what he collected (Russian coins, obviously, but anything else in addition) and what words of wisdom he might have left for the rest of us?

He was 82 years old. I've known David (The Oldman) for a long time and met him on several occasions while visiting relatives in North Florida and coin shows in Atlanta. He lived in a small town south-east of Atlanta. As far as I know his real numismatic interest was in Scandinavian coins. He actively participated in European auctions (first, as a buyer, and , lately, as a seller), especially, in Scandinavian and German. Heritage, Stacks and other auction houses in this country also sold parts of his collection.

Russian and US coins had their unique place in his wide numismatic interests as well. He was not a dealer or a public person and always tried to keep low profile.

I had a real pleasure getting his advice once in awhile and seeing some of his coin trays. I am sure that we will see his coins one day up for sale as his son progresses in handling the archives.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

GOOD AFTERNOON TO EVERYBODY

I WAS NOT COMING HERE FOR A LONG TIME(BECAUSE OF MY JOB)

I JUST WANT TO SEND AL MY CONDOLEANCES TO HIS FAMILY AND HAVE A THINK FOR HIM

SORRY TO BE LATE

JEAN

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys,

This is very sad news indeed...

I did not know David personally though we had kept long time correspondence about varios numismatic topics. He wrote some time ago that he was strugling against illness lately. Inspite of his respectful age he was very positive person and on one occasion very inspiring for me on a personal level. He will be remembered and I just wish to quote his words from one of his last letters:

"Enjoy life and pray every moment !"

Archived