UBS Switzerland discontinuing numismatics services

bobh

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

correspondent-russia, somebody has mentioned already to you on russian forum that you are using somebody store to advertize your "auction house" collection plus your links are opening so slow like in 20th century, can you do better than this

I opened the links several times these day w/o any problems. The speed was great too. Please verify it again - you may have problems with your own computer and/or internet connection.

the owner wouldn't been much happy once figure out that these two coins were sent for authenticy by such uninsured way and did that its long way to moscow and back; not saying the owner name by your auction house does not mean that advanced collectors around the world do not know where the collection came from and from whom; but acting in such dark way as behind the owner back may stand sincona in disrespectable position before all folks, even you are heavily advertizing forthcoming sincoma auctions over here and on russian-language forum and doing so trying to respond on basic bidding questions which even novice collectors can easily find out in the introduction paragraphs of terms and conditions of any auction catalogs

As for expertise: everything was done with the full and prior consent of the owner and in strict compliance with the legislation of both Russia and Switzerland.

• 3 weeks later...

your action with that store reminds me someone from ebay as a seller:

always list coins with no picture but always gets max bids on it;

another point, is that whatever you advertise before your auction being started -

you already selling these coins to whom and nobody in the world keep this kind of

practice, - usually collection comes, it is cataloged and auctioned;

with these kind of coins from Soderman collection I think you dont need to worry about

them as they will sell high anyway; but extremely advertise campaign started by you

brings me the point that high is not enough for the firm, the firm wants more than high, IMXO

Sincona has the duty and business professionally to optimize the selling results of their auction-consigners. Like for example Christies and Sotheby’s: they also make their auction preview public to as many collectors and dealers as possible – even on TV stations. The intention of this procedure is to contact as many collectors and dealers as possible.

I thank Sincona for publicizing this auction, and for providing images for coins. I can only wish that the images were of better quality/resolution and I would suggest that coin description would be wiki style. I think that many collectors would likely help in attributing coins, and they would do it more accurately.

I thank Sincona for publicizing this auction, and for providing images for coins. I can only wish that the images were of better quality/resolution and I would suggest that coin description would be wiki style. I think that many collectors would likely help in attributing coins, and they would do it more accurately.

Thank you very much for the understanding.

Our goal is to provide the collectors with the information, which is already available, ASAP. It is PRELIMINARY information only. These pictures are not for the auction cataloque and are PRELIMINARY too. The pictures for the cataloque will be of the highest quality.

These PRELIMINARY information and PRELIMINARY pictures was and will be are uploaded futhermore by the other people, which helps the collectors to get the information about the coming auction and the lots ASAP.

Thanks to the PRELIMINARY information you know 3-4 month before the auction about the exact coins which will be auctioned in october 2012. If you want to help in attributing the coins accurately please fill free to send your description of the particular coins to me.

there is difference between suggestions and offers;

nobody offered you an assistance over here, just suggestions;

you already altered this info into your favor on main russian forum which is

unacceptable and unproffessional for large firm as Sincona

there is said that "mezmat's numisamtic expert" is a representative of Sincoma, is this Vadim, whos pic is on SIncoma site ?

who is writing a catalog - lot description: "expert/s" from Sinkona or mezmat with low level experience

Uploaded till lot 795, 18 parts alltogether.

I could only repeat: this is not a catalog. Only preliminary pictures and preliminary description too, but there's nothing to show to you now, 3 months before the auction and 2 months before the catalog must be prepared. If it is interesting for you please use this preliminary information - the only information, which is available now - during the "numismatically boring" summer.

Thanks for the remarks about the mistakes, wrong pictures etc. - i hope they all will be corrected properly.

in my deep opinion, dear correspodent-russia, nobody in the whole numismatic world is doing such a pursuit for big bucks as you and your firm does; everyone in this business has its own part; your firm is overlaping the whole world standard terms and rules and becomes number one the greediest there, IMXO; all speculations what you presented over here and there (on russian forum) are already figured out, and from your ten thousand coins collection we all know that there only few dozens are super rare - the rest are same as all world firms usually auctioned on their monthly/yearly basis; there is no big deal for other firm as Kunker auction house, for example, to sell about same quantity of coins even more often and productive in its mulitiple auctions than your firm is trying to combine all in 3 only and keep all of us posted with your baites of such and such coins found there for the next about two years; we do not need to run far to fetch the latest example: you referenced us on links where coins and their description are, and you get back negative responses on lots not corresponding to its description or opposite case, why - you know that as well - who ever helped you with that part (without pay) are not the coin experts in this ridiculous campaign...

According to numerous demands it was decided to add some special coins on the first auction.

1. “Dassier” Rouble 1757, St. Petersburg Mint, ЯI. g. Bitkin 282 (R1). Very rare. 25 roubles acc. to Petrov, 15 roubles acc. to Iljin.

2. Poltina 1843, St. Petersburg Mint, AЧ. g. Proof. Bitkin 250 (R3). Extremely rare. 50 roubles acc. to Petrov!!

3. Pattern-Rouble 1801, St. Petersburg Mint, AI. g. Bitkin 627 (R3). Extremely rare!! 300 roubles according to Petrov!!! 125 roubles according to Iljin!!!

Ex famous auction Adolph Hess AG / Bank Leu & Co. AG 39, Lucerne, 7 November 1968. Lot 311.

4. 1 ½ Roubles – 10 Zlotych 1841, St. Petersburg Mint, HГ. Proof. g. Bitkin 1095 (R3). Extremely rare!!

5. Rouble 1863, St. Petersburg Mint, AБ. Proof. g. Bitkin 75 (R2). Very rare. Extremely rare as a proof.

The lowest mintage of the type 5 193 pieces.

6. Rouble 1886, St. Petersburg Mint, AГ. Proof. Bitkin 60. Very rare as a proof.

7. Rouble 1828, St. Petersburg Mint, HГ. Биткин 106.

8. Rouble 1714, Red Mint. Bitkin 810 (R2). Extremely rare. 50 roubles acc. to Petrov!!

Besides, dates of viewing of prizes became known: October 7-11 (Sunday through Thursday)