CoinPeople.com

RUSSIA 1900 SPB 3 KOPECKS NGC Proof 64

RARENUM

I recently found interesting overdate 1900 over 1899.Three numbers! in date was re-engraved by Mintmaster.

Is anybody see the same overdate?

Thanks,Rarenum

I see it! :bthumbsup: Good catch!

I'm the seller, fund out about overdate from the image after coin was listed on eBay. Try to find out more information about 1900/899 overdates. Didn't see a lot of overdates for type of 1867-1917.

Rarenum

I'm the seller, fund out about overdate from the image after coin was listed on eBay. Try to find out more information about 1900/899 overdates. Didn't see a lot of overdates for type of 1867-1917.

Rarenum

Yes, now that I look I do see slight traces on most 1900s, mostly on the first 0. It's fairly clear on Moneti u Medali 26 (Dec 2004) Lot 779, but yours is the best.

What is even more interesting is that the same slight traces of a 0/9 show on the 0 of several (but not most) 1901CPB 3Ks. The traces are *not* there from 1902 forward.

:art:

Steve

Yes, now that I look I do see slight traces on most 1900s, mostly on the first 0. It's fairly clear on Moneti u Medali 26 (Dec 2004) Lot 779, but yours is the best.

What is even more interesting is that the same slight traces of a 0/9 show on the 0 of several (but not most) 1901CPB 3Ks. The traces are *not* there from 1902 forward.

:art:

Steve

Thanks Steve,:art: Very interesting , before I see only 1872/1 from type 1867-1917.Should review my images. Will keep you update if I will find more overdates.

Rarenum

are there known overdates from 1867-1917 period on 1/2, 1/4, 1,2,5 copper coins?

Well, not in my experience for Proof coin of 19th century .Can you send the dates listed with overdates?

THanks,Rarenum.

I am not aware of such list, would like to see one if anyone has it

Brekke and Bekken Supplement listed copper overdates only for 1708-1864.

Rarenum

• 2 weeks later...

Very intresting ! A while ago I saw 1911 3 kopeks overstrucked on 1910 on eBay with clear "0" pattern behind the "1". Unfortunately I didn't save the pics and I never saw anyting like it since... and until now. :yes:

Archived