CoinPeople.com

What do you say?

mummytrol

need better photos of the legend. If it is cast, it is sometimes easy to see inside letters. If this is original, the condition is very unlikely for this type. I saw very few wit such detail, and they sold for a lot of $.

inexpensive and low grade coins by this seller are ok

but something more significant from his selection do not look genuine to me IMXO

I think the seller knows he is selling a fake here:

He provides minimal description for this coin.

But look at the description for his 1718 Ruble... lots of references, high "but it now" price..

He wants it both ways.. too bad. By posting obvious fakes, he sabotages his sales of authentic coins.

This is why reputable sellers/dealers avoid fakes at all costs, after all.

I have enough problems collecting copper coins. I wouldn't be able to collect silver roubles at this point because all of the early stuff looks fake to me. If I buy nothing at this point, I have no horror stories to tell later. I will carefully enter the silver rouble market much later I believe.

And "large silver" includes even 25 kopeck coins. I recently returned 1875 25 kopeck piece bought on eBay - exceptionally well made fake. Perhaps 5 and 10 kopeck pieces are safe, but for how long? Cost of production must be coming down.

I think some already are, so I'm not even bothering with the large silver. :grin:

Same, on a rare occassion I'll bid on eBay on big ticket items if I'm 100% sure it's real and has a return policy, but in general I do not buy coins that have a value of more than $75 or so through eBay, just in case...