CoinPeople.com

Hi From South Carolina

Hello, I'm a relatively new collector, I started about a year ago and have done a fair job so far. Completed a JFK proof set, Jeff nickel collection 90% done, Completed Ike proof set and Sac proof set as well as all Mint proof sets back to 1955 plus almost all the Peace Dollars except 1921 1934 1935 and a bunch of commemoratives and other sorted coins. Looking forward to talking to everyone. Ken

Indeed that's a large quantity of material, and good luck finding those remaining peace dollars! Any plans what to pursue next?

Well Steve I just completed a 1934 Dollar Silver Certificate series A-H and I am currently working on a proof set of the state quarters, I just bought 2000-2007 proof quarter sets and I already have the 1999 so all I'll need is 2008. I'm also working on a decent set of V nickels and Jeffs. Man I need a second job! lol :hysterical:

I quite understand that! This can get expensive, particularly when you are collecting by date/mintmark. There are so many of them that even "cheap" series mount up and there is almost always some "key date" in the series. I was a date/mint collector way back when, before I spent 15 years on Russian Imperial; now coming back I am going with a type set (1800-1964, excluding gold for now), which means I can spend even more money on fewer coins, trying to chase the pristine example....

Archived