CoinPeople.com

2 copper kopek 1810 - initials ???

one-kuna

Isn't this the R2 novodel? (Bit H485)

was not expecting, if novodel, in such condition after Hesselgesser's selection :)

Noticed these auctions, and even tried to participate;) Alas no luck...

I think that the 1840 2 and 3 kopeeks might have been Novodels as well. Especially the 3 kopeeks looked too sharp compared to the usual strikes in this series.

I accidentally got a glimpse of 2K 1840 about 2 min before auction end. Looking at very bad picture I suddenly realized it is in very nice unusual condition. There was not too much time to make a decision and I sniped it for 133 dollars. Too bad - it went for something as 250. Probably folks thought it is a novodel which is I doubt. Also buying it with so terrible pictures was a huge risk (even on these terrible ones I saw a lots of green corrosion stuff) so I do not regret however it could have been a little jewel in a bucket of garbage we see on eBay lately.

By the way I am looking for a nice condition 1K of Nicolas I. Mine is not looking too nice - would like to replace. Please contact me in personal messages if willing to help. Thanks.

:bleh: I really thought long. With my vast experience I have had and continue to doubt. I asked Jaroslav Adrianov, also asked a lot of respected people in various forums.

These 2 coins 1810 and 1820 novodelnye coins.

The coin is identical to novodelnymi coins, the style, the angle of acorns and a double feature tells us about it.

I'll post my friend in the United States these coins Alex Oganesov, it sends them to the NGC. Then I'll show you a photo.

:bleh: I really thought long. With my vast experience I have had and continue to doubt. I asked Jaroslav Adrianov, also asked a lot of respected people in various forums.

These 2 coins 1810 and 1820 novodelnye coins.

The coin is identical to novodelnymi coins, the style, the angle of acorns and a double feature tells us about it.

I'll post my friend in the United States these coins Alex Oganesov, it sends them to the NGC. Then I'll show you a photo.

Yes, I thought that the 1820 was also a Novodel. May I assume that congratulations on a good acquisition are in order?

interesting, what grade they will get :unsure:

got better pictures from the seller. I looked at them for a few days. I have very solid experience in the field however even I was not able to determine if these were NOVODELS or copies of the coins. My doubts faded away after I showed 1810 coin picture to Jaroslav Andrianov who confirmed that this was a NOVODEL. After this I still was not sure about 1820 coin. After examining the reverses I decided it was a NOVODEL also. The style, location and inclination angle of acorns in the right upper branch of the wreath and slight doubling of the horizontal line told me that it was a NOVODEL. I can also add that whole mintage of 1820 coins was struck not well and this coin would be unique unless it is a NOVODEL. Apparently the coins were not kept in proper environment conditions and this caused them to get covered with green oxidation film. I plan sending the coins to US to my friend Alex Oganesov who will send them for me to NGC. When I get them back I will post the pictures.

Apparently the coins were not kept in proper environment conditions and this caused them to get covered with green oxidation film. I plan sending the coins to US to my friend Alex Oganesov who will send them for me to NGC. When I get them back I will post the pictures.

OK, will wait on update; in addition if coins send like it is, they can be not graded :)

Archived