CoinPeople.com

Good News / Bad News Contest - Ended

Guest Stujoe

Guest Stujoe

It has been a while since I have done one of these. :lol: My trips should be over for a while so I figure I have time to do another one.

The Good News is I am going to send the winner one of these:

898732.jpg

The Bad News is I am also going to send the winner one of these:

898511.jpg

:ninja: Get it? Good News / Bad News! ;) Man, I crack myself up! ;)

Enter by replying to this thread. Just to make you work a little and because I like to be entertained, tell me why you want them (silly, serious or whatever floats your boat :cry: ) Contest ends Wednesday, Aug 31, 2005 at 5pm my time (Central USian time). I will randomly pick a winner after that.

Well, I happen to have both already and I think they're both of the same type as I have ,so technically I don't need both of them.

However, that MTT is a quite impressive coin and it wouldn't hurt having a second one. A second Churchill would be no problem either as I know someone who'd love to have one... :ninja:

The MTT sure is a nice coin :-) And the Crown ... well, I actually find Churchill's portrait quite impressive. But in case I get bored of it, I can always mail that coin to the British Royal Mint which will put it in the base 7CWC_3.JPG of a Churchill 7CWC_1.JPG figurine ...

Christian

good news ... these would be my ever FIRST coins.

the bad news .. banivechi is gonna take them from me ... greedy person, must admit ;)

Not at all... I will let you to admire the beauty (this is the good news!), and I will take the beast (this is the bad news)... :ninja:

In the nearly 2 years I've been on CP I've seen you (and others) toss these around like candy at  a parade. And yet, I still have neither. It makes me feel bad. Like the only kid on the block without the latest toy.

I think Im gonna cry..........  :ninja:

Cut it out, Doc... ;)

I've been here six months and have already won two Churchhills.

If I win, Doc gets the Churchill and, in the infamous words of BiggAndyy, "Shut up, that's why."

In the nearly 2 years I've been on CP I've seen you (and others) toss these around like candy at  a parade. And yet, I still have neither. It makes me feel bad. Like the only kid on the block without the latest toy.

I think Im gonna cry..........  :ninja:

don't feel bad I dont not have onew of either of these.

898732.jpg

I would love to have such a fine example of one of the major coin types that has been used around the world. I could show this to my non-collecting friends. And to make sure I come across as an erudite numismatist elitist, I would serve my friends cognac as I enlighten them about the history of the M Theresia thaler. I guess the coin below could join the evening as a coaster.

898511.jpg

Mr. Churchill reminds me of this older man who would stand on the sidelines of every football name and just butcher our names when yelling at us. Who he is I may never know (haven't been to a game since I graduated) but he was a funny man. Sure knew how to pee the coach off too by making fun of his uh....vertically challenged body.

The reverse of the first coin is just...wow. Pretty amazing work to me.

Hope I gave you some entertainment.

1. Why do I want these coins?

To answer that I ask you a question:

2. Why does a hoarder of anything want another of the same?

<insert your answer here>

See above for my answer to question 1.

:ninja:

-Bobby

Cuz i've never owned a Maria..... :lol:

And my poor Churchhill is now lost somewhere in the dark jungles of Oregon calling out for me. :ninja:

WHY? WHY DID YOU TRADE ME FOR DISGUSTING HAG ON THAT PEACE DOLLAR!!! ;)

I feel so lost, but now i need a new Churchhill to love. I'd give him a good home. ;)

Archived