CoinPeople.com

2011 AR $20 circulation

ccg

RCM's putting out a $20 FV "circulation" coin, with shipping due to start next Monday (2/14).

Technicals: AR 9999, 7.96g, 27mm

Basically it's be about the same size as current 50c/$1/$2.

Since Mexico had issued silver/brass bimetallic 10, 20, and 50 pesos in the 1990s and 100 pesos in the 2000s, that leaves USA as the remaining North American country not to have issued a "circulating" silver coin in the past several decades.

http://www.mint.ca/store/product/product_exchange.jsp?itemId=prod1040001

I just bought my max of three. Seems like a no brainer to me. Would you rather have three $20 bills, or three $20 coins that are (currently) ~38% backed by silver? Gresham's law all the way.

Even if there's no secondary market for these (I suspect there will be in time), they're still neat. And a much better buy than the other gimmicky Canadian mint collector coins.

It's got such a big ego that it's commemorating itself :lol:

What kind of packaging do they come in?

It's in an airtight plastic case, with a COA (no serial #), housed inside a cardboard little blue boxlike case that has a tab so it's able to be put back together. I guess it could be best described as a cardboard 2x2 with just one (fairly large) plastic window, with four sides that fold in and close together at the back. It came sealed with a RCM sticker.

It's in an airtight plastic case, with a COA (no serial #), housed inside a cardboard little blue boxlike case that has a tab so it's able to be put back together. I guess it could be best described as a cardboard 2x2 with just one (fairly large) plastic window, with four sides that fold in and close together at the back. It came sealed with a RCM sticker.

Pics! http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?/topic/458-what-did-the-mailman-bring-today/page__view__findpost__p__519346