CoinPeople.com

2011 coins

ScottO

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/coin_production/index.cfm?action=production_figures&allCoinsYear=2011#starthere

Looks like the cents are off to a strong start, as are the Denver-mint dimes. From the looks of it, we won't be seeing any 2011 state park quarters in any large quantities. Interestingly, the "Native American" mintages are back to their 2002-2008 figures.

Still nothing I can hold in my hand, though.

After not seeing any 2010 National Park quarters in my change I've gotten a 2011 Gettysburg quarter today. Interestingly, that's the only parks quarter I've seen so far that I have even the slightest interest in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2011 cents and dimes seem to be freely circulating where I live. Still nothing in the line of nickels or quarters, however.

And speaking of quarters... what in the world is the mint thinking?! They hype up the brand-new "America the Beautiful" quarter series, and the mintages have not yet hit 35,500,000 for a single design! There were more North Dakota -D quarters made in 2006 than the total of all 2010 quarters across both mints for all of 2010! At this rate, they will never circulate!

I got two 2011 "P" cents and a 2011 P nickel the other day. No other sightings yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Two Glacier National Park quarters today -- first National Park quarters I've got, and the first 2011s I've got, too. Both Philly, oh well. I *like* the general layout of the reverse, with the ring around the design and incuse legends.

Archived