CoinPeople.com

Medieval Russian copper - what is it?

Vincent

I bought this coin many years ago as part af a group of old copper coins. I never managed to find out what it is - I'm not into medieval Russian coins - but I eventually got rather curious. Is it possible to get closer to an identification of this coin?

Thank you,

Vincent

Russia.jpg

I bought this coin many years ago as part af a group of old copper coins. I never managed to find out what it is - I'm not into medieval Russian coins - but I eventually got rather curious. Is it possible to get closer to an identification of this coin?

Thank you,

Vincent

it looks to me as copper russian medieval copper coin (if copper), best reference on it would be Gaidukov book, but since this coin is in very low condition, its value is probably few buks not more than :art:

Thank you for these comments! If it is from Russia, do you have any suggestions as to which century? Or which state? (I mean, Russia wasn't a single state at the time).

if, again, if this is russian copper, it can be a pulo of 15th century, but I have some doubts now, and as I have mentioned earlier, because of poor condition it is hard to find out what it is, but on the right side of mypho bird there is letter S (?), if it is, so it is not russian :art:

Archived