1892 3 pence - same as this pic but dated 1892 mintage was 24 000

g510.jpg g511.jpg

I also have

1982 6 pence - as in the pic but dated 1892 mintage was 28 000

g752.jpg g753.jpg

I'm a newbie at coin collecting so any help would be appreciated

• 2 months later...

Hi

No I have never recieved a reply but did find info on past auctions in the UK where they went for 2000 - 2500 pounds. I inherited a bag of coins from my uncle after he passed in the UK and then my mother gave me all my grandfathers coins so i been sorting through them and have some fairly rare ones as far as i have found out. But i think i need to get them graded properly. This is just a past time for me i'm not actually a collector - always looking for that elusive multi million dollar coin LOL

• 3 months later...

No I have never recieved a reply but did find info on past auctions in the UK where they went for 2000 - 2500 pounds. I inherited a bag of coins from my uncle after he passed in the UK and then my mother gave me all my grandfathers coins so i been sorting through them and have some fairly rare ones as far as i have found out. But i think i need to get them graded properly. This is just a past time for me i'm not actually a collector - always looking for that elusive multi million dollar coin LOL

In order to get a reply on the approximate value of your coins you need to provide their scans or photos because a lot depends on the condition of the coin in question. Those London auctions were most probably for Proof coins (mint with specially polished dies). Normal ZAR coins of 1892 issued for circulation and kept in a bag could be between 5 and 50 dollars and not worth sending for professional grading which might cost more than the price of the coin.

Archived