CoinPeople.com

CoinPeople Short Snorter 2011

Art

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I want to get CP2012 Short Snorter moving early and I'd like to get a lot more participation. So what ideas do you have to help make this happen? Start earlier? Wait longer for entries?

Hm. It's tought to get people to participate in this, and I don't know why. It's a pretty cool thing, or at least I think so.

Maybe a contest of some sort might work. Oldest note submitted, biggest or smallest note, funnest signature, or something like that... Might be best to just pick a random pick entrant, though. I'd be willing to contribute to a prize if needed.

I think that providing some history on what a Short Snorter was/is in the sign up post might get a person or two to join based on the historical re-enactment we're participating in.

Not too great of ideas, I guess, but the best I can think of now. Anyone else have an idea?

Hm. It's tought to get people to participate in this, and I don't know why. It's a pretty cool thing, or at least I think so.

Maybe a contest of some sort might work. Oldest note submitted, biggest or smallest note, funnest signature, or something like that... Might be best to just pick a random pick entrant, though. I'd be willing to contribute to a prize if needed.

I think that providing some history on what a Short Snorter was/is in the sign up post might get a person or two to join based on the historical re-enactment we're participating in.

Not too great of ideas, I guess, but the best I can think of now. Anyone else have an idea?

Dave,

You're right on the money about the historical information. I'll spend some time and do a writeup on the snorters for the signup post. The contest thing?? I'm not sure about that one. I guess I'd be concerned having anyone in the Short Snorter process who isn't 100% committed. It takes a lot to keep the pack of snorters moving and a really casual participant could mark the end of the package and everyone elses notes/etc.

hmmm

i like this idea

Maybe a contest of some sort might work. Oldest note submitted, biggest or smallest note, funnest signature, or something like that...

2011 : the smallest

2012 : the ugliest

2013 : the most broken (how are you gonna sign it ???) :P

2014 : red notes

2015 : nice ladies note

2016 : polymers

(ofcourse, cutting out of here ' the most expensive ' with cheap value notes always.)

@ there is a lot of 1 dollar worth (if not less) UNC notes on ebay to chose from @

etc

theme of the year...

- about prize, if the money involved is little i'd be in, but for me in i guess there is 3-4 less in

so probably no :cry:

- other ideas > now off to work

i'll try to think something :P

later

hmmm

i like this idea

2011 : the smallest

2012 : the ugliest

2013 : the most broken (how are you gonna sign it ???) :P

2014 : red notes

2015 : nice ladies note

2016 : polymers

(ofcourse, cutting out of here ' the most expensive ' with cheap value notes always.)

@ there is a lot of 1 dollar worth (if not less) UNC notes on ebay to chose from @

etc

theme of the year...

- about prize, if the money involved is little i'd be in, but for me in i guess there is 3-4 less in

so probably no :cry:

- other ideas > now off to work

i'll try to think something :P

later

Really like the idea of a contest with different competition each year! :bthumbsup:

So the suggestions so far:

1) Create a Short Snorter Primer to give folks a feeling for the history and reasons for Short Snorters.

and

2) Create a Short Snorter Particpant Contest where the theme changes for each year.

Any more ideas?

Hows about when we should get this thing rolling?

Packaging and distribution ideas?

How's about an id on Banknotebank for the single year's entries. Such as CPSS2012 or some such, so all the note images can be maintained in one place and not lost should something happen to a "managing" member of the project?

Hm well, if there's to be a perpetual contest, it might be nice to have a Virtual Trophy case where the winning names are listed with the notes or some such. This could be placed in the CPSS2012 thread you mentioned as well I guess.

As far as packaging goes, well, I suppose that the way it's been handled before would be good. Hasn't been an issue yet as far as I know.

I don't care when the thing starts myself, but if we hold the entrance window open very long, some people may sign up and then forget about it. I think that a bit of hype and advertising about the 'upcoming' event would be good though. Similar to the last Popular Coin Idol.

Hm well, if there's to be a perpetual contest, it might be nice to have a Virtual Trophy case where the winning names are listed with the notes or some such. This could be placed in the CPSS2012 thread you mentioned as well I guess.

As far as packaging goes, well, I suppose that the way it's been handled before would be good. Hasn't been an issue yet as far as I know.

I don't care when the thing starts myself, but if we hold the entrance window open very long, some people may sign up and then forget about it. I think that a bit of hype and advertising about the 'upcoming' event would be good though. Similar to the last Popular Coin Idol.

I agree that the window being opened too long is a problem. Folks tend to signup at the last minute and then a week later you get the posts of "Hey I missed the window but wanted to signup"....I've been trying to make sure things like PCI stay open over the weekend and maybe a day on each side of it. I think that gives most folks a chance to see the posts and respond. I'm thinking that one week or ten days - spanning two weekends - should be more than enough. The same problem exists with the windows for the notes to arrive and the turnaround time at with each person.

Archived