CoinPeople.com

3 kopeks 1848 MW - Genuine or not?

kisenish

Looks OK to me, at least at a first glance. The eights are also different on the Kuenker157 coin and the 3 seems to match that one too:

http://www.m-dv.ru/catalog/prohod,15452/coins,2139/type,2563/auction,24/date,2009-06-25/lot,6556/images.html

There were no other 3Ks in 1848, so if the date is OK it can't be a different mint. Besides, the mintmark is about where it should be for MW.

Steve

i was curious, are you buying this coin from someone and for the future listing on german ebay ?

Looks OK to me, at least at a first glance. The eights are also different on the Kuenker157 coin and the 3 seems to match that one too:

http://www.m-dv.ru/catalog/prohod,15452/coins,2139/type,2563/auction,24/date,2009-06-25/lot,6556/images.html

There were no other 3Ks in 1848, so if the date is OK it can't be a different mint. Besides, the mintmark is about where it should be for MW.

Steve

I have same opinion as Steve. Coin is genuine. :grin:

Thank you, guys, for your replies!

As for me, for such a rare coin, the condition is more than ok (assumed, the coin is genuine) - I don't see 1848MW coins every day :) If I get the better one, I'll replace, but as for now, I'm glad to have this one. Actually, in the hand it looks much better than on the picture.

Thank you, guys, for your replies!

As for me, for such a rare coin, the condition is more than ok (assumed, the coin is genuine) - I don't see 1848MW coins every day :) If I get the better one, I'll replace, but as for now, I'm glad to have this one. Actually, in the hand it looks much better than on the picture.

I like it! It was a great find. Congratulations on your acquisition, and on expert eBaying!!! ;)

Archived