CoinPeople.com

Hey CP

My name is Carl, i`m 20 and from UK.I`ve been somewhat of a coin collector since i can remember, i haven`t had a huge interest in it,but i`ve always kept foriegn coins and special ed ones.

I am now a coingeek, but i don`t know alot about coins, i`m just taking it up as a full hobby and am going to get some books and read up on it all, improve my knowledge and add to my collection.

I also have OCD(no i`m not contagious,so please don`t think i`m a mutant or anything.Some of my own family members have ignored me cause i have suffered from major depression,so please don`t dislike me before you know me), and was thinking about collect one of each coin a year,but thought it was just my OCD, but then i read a post on here or another forum when someone showed their set of special american coins from like 1980 something through to 2006.And so i think i will collect one of each coin a year.

Anyways, enough about me, haha.

Just like to say, thanks for reading this, and i`m looking forward to sharing my smallish coin collection(just ordered some more of ebay,so it`s gonna grow) and looking at other peoples collections

Cheers

CG9

I guess my goal is just to collect as many as i want and then order then in cases etc.

I mean i don`t really have that much of a goal i just got really hooked on collect them two days ago.I`m just fascinating by them,the dates and just the different prints and stuff they have, and i`m just generally gonna collect and then just see where it goes.

I never really thought about organising them till a few hours ago.

Cheers

Carl

Yep this one:

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?/topic/7628-bermuda/

Though it`s not mine :-(

But i`m gonna look for one similar,and i`m gonna get it.Look forward to it.

May i appalagise for my crappy scanning skills lol, i ain`t used to scanning,and by the time i realised that i scanned them wrong, i had already finished them and can`t be asked to do them again lol.But i`ll remember next time.But you should be able to see my coins by using the magnifying glass tool.

Hello Carl and welcome to CoinPeople. We have folks here who collect all kinds of things. Look around and enjoy yourself.

Welcome to the both of you, then!

CoinGeek, collecting themes (like turtles for example) is great -- other than my more mainstream collections by nation or year, I also do physics, astronomy and space issues (as well as physicists, astronomers and astronauts), centaurs on modern issues (not too doggone many of those), and a catch-all collection of "ooo, shiny!" (a/k/a "How could I say no to it at that price/condition/but it looked so sad when I started to walk away!") :)

Boink, I see you're already on Omnicoin -- good move. :) Nice India and China issues there!

Thanks ikaros... Actually I got on Omnicoin first. Then thru that I came to know abt this forum. Really helpful sites, both. I always wanted a site where this hobby can be discussed. Finally found 'em. :)

Thanks for the appreciation. I am also acquiring a special edition Rs. 100 coin from India. It's the 1982 Asiad Games commemorative coin. will upload pics soon..... :)

Hey Ikaros

I also have an interest in astronomy, i`ve got a telescope but don`t use it.Was looking on a certain site the other day at a video from the iss i think or some shuttle,and it was filming earth in orbit.Just beautiful.

I ain`t a science kinda person though.

• 10 months later...

Archived