CoinPeople.com

5 kopek 1768 MM

one-kuna

Resonable details, although cleaned ...

In this case 67MM will be around..1000 USD?

I am the buyer. Sure it was too expensive. Could be nicer, too. But... but I could not resist. If you see one at all, it is inferior.

Aalborg (Copenhagen I to IV sales) did not have it, Brekke's specimen was by far not this nice.

This one is about the grade of the Grand Duke's piece. I would have prefered to get it cheaper, but it was a rare chance.

Hope you folks are envying me now. :banana:

Best wishes for 2011 to everyone, selfish Sigi

P.S.: Would the underbidder send me a PM? I don't know who he is but this was not our first fight - mostly I lost

So..as you are both here ;)

you should come to an agreement about biding system in the future..

It is no use to pay to much :grin:

I had such cases... once it was 25 kopeken 1858 no mintmaster..

Believe me only I and the guy who won it noticed that it was that coin...

:cry:

We know each other..but we came to the conclusion about that coin after the biding... :grin:

I am the buyer. Sure it was too expensive. Could be nicer, too. But... but I could not resist. If you see one at all, it is inferior.

Aalborg (Copenhagen I to IV sales) did not have it, Brekke's specimen was by far not this nice.

This one is about the grade of the Grand Duke's piece. I would have prefered to get it cheaper, but it was a rare chance.

Hope you folks are envying me now. :banana:

Best wishes for 2011 to everyone, selfish Sigi

P.S.: Would the underbidder send me a PM? I don't know who he is but this was not our first fight - mostly I lost

Congratulations Sigi. I don't think it was too expensive. Mine was $450 from the Hoiland/Soentsby Sale and I think yours is better. As you point out, it's not easy to get a chance on one of these and I spent years getting outbid.

:art:

Steve

Congratulations Sigi. I don't think it was too expensive. Mine was $450 from the Hoiland/Soentsby Sale and I think yours is better. As you point out, it's not easy to get a chance on one of these and I spent years getting outbid.

:art:

Steve

Hi Steve - I looked up the Sønsteby coin you got - from the picture it is better than the coin on my way. Your coin has only very little wear AND is nice chocolate color.

A gem! Shall we swap? :bhyper: Best Sigi

So..as you are both here ;)

you should come to an agreement about biding system in the future..

It is no use to pay to much :grin:

I had such cases... once it was 25 kopeken 1858 no mintmaster..

Believe me only I and the guy who won it noticed that it was that coin...

:cry:

We know each other..but we came to the conclusion about that coin after the biding... :grin:

Hi Peter, your suggestion looks good :confus: but how to know who will be the opponent?

Even if one knows a lot of collector friends as I do ?

I think such agreements are one of the reasons that eBay doesn't show the pseudos in full any more, but like "k...r" as in this case.

I had not expected it to be "kaostram" but someone pseudoed "krant", who I had to do with earlier.

My intention was to get to know a fellow collector and his interests.

By the way Peter: Is it true that foreigners now can bid on Polish auctions and that old coins are being shipped out of Poland?

Thank you - and happy new year - may many nice coins come your way. Sigi

It works if you remember what is the feedback of your friend/potential bider

and it doesn't matter how the system will manipulate the nick... :ok:

when the auction is private..yes ! problem.. :angry:

the only way is to call friend and tell him: pal, forget about this coin - it is MINE !!!! :yahoo:

About taking coins from Poland:

Items inscribed to National Monuments Register or of amount greater than 16.000 zlotys

(ca 4000,00 Euro) can be taken outside Poland only after receiving the permition for exportation. The procedure of exportation and receiving permissions is regulated by the act of lat from 23rd Juty 2003 entitled "On the protection and tutelage of National Monuments" with amendment from this year (18th March 2010). In OTHER CASES there is NO NEED to have special permition... If you win coin on auction they will give you some kind of the approval of the price/bill/etc... if it is much smaller value - there is no problem. You have to decide only what way you will send it.. regular post or dhl.. or ..whatever :)

All the best Sigi

It works if you remember what is the feedback of your friend/potential bider

and it doesn't matter how the system will manipulate the nick... :ok:

when the auction is private..yes ! problem.. :angry:

the only way is to call friend and tell him: pal, forget about this coin - it is MINE !!!! :yahoo:

About taking coins from Poland:

Items inscribed to National Monuments Register or of amount greater than 16.000 zlotys

(ca 4000,00 Euro) can be taken outside Poland only after receiving the permition for exportation. The procedure of exportation and receiving permissions is regulated by the act of lat from 23rd Juty 2003 entitled "On the protection and tutelage of National Monuments" with amendment from this year (18th March 2010). In OTHER CASES there is NO NEED to have special permition... If you win coin on auction they will give you some kind of the approval of the price/bill/etc... if it is much smaller value - there is no problem. You have to decide only what way you will send it.. regular post or dhl.. or ..whatever :)

All the best Sigi

Thank you, Peter for the interesting information, :art: Sigi

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Sigi!

I recall there was another one for sale not too long ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230538030302

Oops! I did not see that one :doh: .

Nice color, condition not too bad, a bargain at the price.

Were you the lucky winner? Sigi

Archived