CoinPeople.com

VALUABLE?????

fbulfitt

hi guys, im not a collector of any currency but recently dug out a few old notes from my great aunts house, wich were sent back by her brother throughout world war 2 and other conflicts, i think, heres a list of the notes and i would appreciate if you could let me kno if any of them are worth money or if there just very old peices of bog roll :D

excuse me for any mistakes im clueless to what half of these are

5 roubles - 1974

10 roubles - 1974

2 roubles - 1974

$2 bermuda monetary authority - 1st aug 1989

$1 the bahamas government - 1965

100 Szaz pengo? no date.. its a very large note

£1 RBS- 1992

$1 australia - no date - very cool looking note one side has aboriginal of people and a kangaroo and other animals otherside has a very young looking queen

5 reichsmark - 1942 - quite bad condition

if you require photographs of any of these notes for anyreason i can upload some

many thanks :)

Of those the only one that might be worth a few bucks is the Bahamas note AFAIK and that only if uncirculated.

So no, you aren't suddenly rich but I think you should hang onto them. I always keep notes given to me by family or friends as most of my collection is built from online sources so those are of more sentimental value.

as i said im not a collector so the notes dont really mean much to me, the only one wich looks cool is the reichsmark and also tho australian dollar wich has some cool animal pictures on the back and the bahamas note seems like it would have been circulated cause its not fresh and crispy, im guessing that is what you mean by circulated

thanks for the reply

These:

5 roubles - 1974

10 roubles - 1974

2 roubles - 1974

Are from Bulgaria and circulated until 1992, then were demonetised - unless they are uncirculated they only worth a few USA cents each.

All Ruble denominated notes from USSR would be dated either 1961 or 1991-2.

Archived