CoinPeople.com

A Tinf on eBay!

alexbq2

A Tinf just sold on eBay:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=2&campid=5335826004&toolid=10001&customid=&ext=110609798138&item=170578267518

I did not like the seller's Private Bidding/No Returns policies so did not participate. But it might be real, although it is very hard to tell from those photos.

Does anyone feel confident to call it's authenticity either way?

Let us wait, maybe the purchaser will come forward with the information after the coin arrives. :grin:

can we keep a secret as that action did ? :banana:

A Tinf just sold on eBay:

I did not like the seller's Private Bidding/No Returns policies so did not participate. But it might be real, although it is very hard to tell from those photos.

Does anyone feel confident to call it's authenticity either way?

Images of tympf looks ok .I missed the auction :rofl: and somebody was lucky

yes we can, but where is fun in that?

fun now is a history - how others missed it :)

The seller is a stand up guy, he deals mostly with paper money though.

It looked good with all that positive feedback. The terms are harsh, but I doubt the no-return policy is that strict -- after all why risk a negative feedback...

Seems that the coin is going to New York. Please update us if there's any developments. Better images would also be appreciated.

You are right. The coin is in Brooklyn. Arrived 2 min. ago. :grin: These were very good numismatic few months for me.

Do not think these are better photos... After all, the condition did not improve in transit. :rofl:

It has a removed mount (I wish they left it there), but it is original. Has all the right laminations. Weight -- 5.38 g.

tinff.jpg

tinf2.jpg

I knew it was you BKB :wallbash:

I didn't bid high enough :wallbash: Congradulations! :)

Again, just because a seller doesn't accept returns or location mean that a coin is counterfeit. Thank you for showing! :)

You would would have to bid much, much higher to win this one... So, do not feel bad. I have been dreaming about owning a timf for about 7 years now.

My metal detector is rusting away at a landfill. I'm afraid to find one, my metal detector must be sofisticated enough to cost as mach as a Shostak. Maybe I should jus tmake an offer and save myself a long, tiring trip.

When you are right, you are right! Next year you can come with me for some fishing to forget about your Tynf for a day :evilbanana:

I am a fishman since I was 12, pls, consider me too :yahoo:

Shostak is fun. There are one or two in New York,NJ area. If you offer enough (I do not think I have enough $), they may part with a Shostak. Otherwise, you should travel to poland with a metal detector.

You can try..but to tell the trouth never met this coin from the source like that. It is much more rare than tynf. Maybe you thought about 6 groschen or 1/6 of taler from Elisabeth period.. those are possible to obtain, but not shostak. :)

Archived