CoinPeople.com

Went on a buying spree

gxseries

I think I spent a bit too much recently and it's not a good sign since I don't have a clear goal of what set I want to complete. They should all be in the mail and I'm waiting for them. As usual very low grade but reasonably priced if not a steal.

1734 denga - suspecting it to be overstruck over something, possibly over 1724 kopek. :)

1762 2 kopek - Peter III coinage

1771 Para-3dengi pattern coin

1793 5 kopek over 1796 10 kopek (supposedly common type but we'll see)

Both the 1762 2 kopek and the 1771 para-3dengi are tough. I still have to collect the 1795 MM 2 kopek from another city so that's a long wait.

I think I spent a bit too much recently and it's not a good sign since I don't have a clear goal of what set I want to complete. They should all be in the mail and I'm waiting for them. As usual very low grade but reasonably priced if not a steal.

1734 denga - suspecting it to be overstruck over something, possibly over 1724 kopek. :)

Both the 1762 2 kopek and the 1771 para-3dengi are tough. I still have to collect the 1795 MM 2 kopek from another city so that's a long wait.

Interesting coins! Please post pictures once you receive them.

WOW!!! Now you are talking. :bthumbsup: Cannot wait to seethe photos, especially of the 1771 and 1795. All of mine are mostly ugggggly... Goodluck on the edge of 1793. :bwink:

I am missing 2 kopek 1795 MM, can I have one too, I am very serious, all offers to my PM, thank you on advance

one-kuna, you wouldn't be interested in my example of the 1795 2k MM because it's a really poor example. I'm pretty sure I've shown the image a couple of times.

All of them are from the sellers' photos:

1734 denga

1734df.jpg

1734db.jpg

1762 2 kopek (Peter III)

17622kf.jpg

17622kb.jpg

1771 pattern para

1771df.jpg

1771db.jpg

1793 5 kopek - missing the reverse

17935kf.jpg

1795 2 kopek

17952kmmf.jpg

17952kmmb.jpg

And yes BKB, have been away for a while since I found a full time job which was why I was quiet for a while.

Alex, by all means please post what you have. I've always viewed you as an aggressive collector and a friendly competitor.

All of the coins shown here were on ebay at one stage. In fact, most of my coins in my collection are from sellers on ebay. I am happy with most of my purchases over ebay, closer to around 98% or so.

Alex, by all means please post what you have. I've always viewed you as an aggressive collector and a friendly competitor.

All of the coins shown here were on ebay at one stage. In fact, most of my coins in my collection are from sellers on ebay. I am happy with most of my purchases over ebay, closer to around 98% or so.

Thanks Gxseries! I don't think my coin is worth a separate thread, and I think it fits well into your post. So here's my recent acquisition, please be kind to it (my photos as always do not do the justice):

1723 5 Kopeeks. Please note the position of the date:

987053.jpg

Archived