CoinPeople.com

Contemporary Counterfeit - Non-Regal Coinage of the 18th Century

CheetahCats

Folks -

Are there any books that someone could suggest that can provide information and plates pursuant to the various non-regal coppers of the 18th century? Such non-regals would not specifically be pursuant to those issued/minted in the American Colonies - as there are plenty of sources for these issues.

Thanks, kindly

CheetahCats

• 4 months later...

Folks -

Are there any books that someone could suggest that can provide information and plates pursuant to the various non-regal coppers of the 18th century? Such non-regals would not specifically be pursuant to those issued/minted in the American Colonies - as there are plenty of sources for these issues.

Thanks, kindly

CheetahCats

From Copper Corner;

"Cobwright, M. I. A walk in the Monkolokian Forest in search of the Spiny Fubbaduck. 1992. Certainly the most refreshing title, it is quite evasive as to what is inside, and it covers Evasion tokens, of course"

No plates & very difficult to obtain.

Another is, Seabys British Tokens and their Values; "No library or coin search is complete without this book. This book is packed with monochrome pictures of British tokens and their 1970 estimated values. The book contains over 200 pages, mostly of Tokens and their variations. The key word being British this covers many world wide locations such as England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man. The chapters are divided into centuries form the 17th through the 19th

More than coin a catalog there is selected Bibliography of general works on tokens. Also a fine introduction of what is a token. Included is a list of "Arms of the Merchant Guilds." Even a Condensed form pf an article by C.W. Peek from their 1949 Copper Catalog"

From Copper Corner;

"Cobwright, M. I. A walk in the Monkolokian Forest in search of the Spiny Fubbaduck. 1992. Certainly the most refreshing title, it is quite evasive as to what is inside, and it covers Evasion tokens, of course"

No plates & very difficult to obtain.

Another is, Seabys British Tokens and their Values; "No library or coin search is complete without this book. This book is packed with monochrome pictures of British tokens and their 1970 estimated values. The book contains over 200 pages, mostly of Tokens and their variations. The key word being British this covers many world wide locations such as England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man. The chapters are divided into centuries form the 17th through the 19th

More than coin a catalog there is selected Bibliography of general works on tokens. Also a fine introduction of what is a token. Included is a list of "Arms of the Merchant Guilds." Even a Condensed form pf an article by C.W. Peek from their 1949 Copper Catalog"

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. Since I submitted that enquiry, I obtained a copy of Cobwright's "Fubbaduck". Despite the absence of plates, it has been incredibly helpful!

Thanks again,

Cheetah

Archived