CoinPeople.com

Please Help

shocks480v

This medal looks to be modern. The reverse looks to be in imitation of Egyptian hieroglyphics. I do not read hieroglyphics well enough to know what it intends to say. The "obverse" with the man sitting is also cryptic. It could be a tourist piece from the Pyramids or a good luck piece from a Shriner's mosque. I have no idea, but it is obviously not a coin. It was never struck by any government. It is not a token issued by a merchant as a trade token or advertising token. The medal might be worth ten cents to a dollar as a curio, but to be worth more you would need to supply more information.

Where did you buy it? How did you come upon it? What did the seller tell you?

This medal looks to be modern. The reverse looks to be in imitation of Egyptian hieroglyphics. I do not read hieroglyphics well enough to know what it intends to say. The "obverse" with the man sitting is also cryptic. It could be a tourist piece from the Pyramids or a good luck piece from a Shriner's mosque. I have no idea, but it is obviously not a coin. It was never struck by any government. It is not a token issued by a merchant as a trade token or advertising token. The medal might be worth ten cents to a dollar as a curio, but to be worth more you would need to supply more information.

Where did you buy it? How did you come upon it? What did the seller tell you?

My father was in the navy WWII won it in a card game and just kept it as a lucky piece.

Archived