CoinPeople.com

1878 Rouble

Prekol

Hello CoinPeople, looking for some expertise. I purchased a 1878 ruble, and have some doubts about it's authenticity. Would you be able to give me your opinions.

Weight 20.74

Diameter: 35.45mm

looks fine to me from your picture, what were your doubts?

I don't have a camera here, but the Rim looks a bit off, the 4 after PROBI is off, and the biggest concer. I compared the rim to my 1877 and if you hold the coin face up, the rim writting is right side up, letters facing towards the face and ending towards the tail. Where is on the one I posted the rim is reversed.Let me know if that made sence, I'll try to take some pics later.

I don't have a camera here, but the Rim looks a bit off, the 4 after PROBI is off, and the biggest concer. I compared the rim to my 1877 and if you hold the coin face up, the rim writting is right side up, letters facing towards the face and ending towards the tail. Where is on the one I posted the rim is reversed.Let me know if that made sence, I'll try to take some pics later.

your 1877 is HI or NF