CoinPeople.com

russian rouble 1885

mynt

I think it is obvious that topic starter was not interested in market prices for 1885 rouble "in general"; he was interested in price of concrete coin which he shown (as he probably wants to buy it or to sell it or to simply know how much the coin he has in his possession is worth)...

Anyway, for such professionals as you and WCO maybe not pictures of the edge, but pictures of other 2 sides of the coin are not necessary at all to make a judgement...

But it would be interesting to know if you personally would agree to buy the coin which is shown in this topic for the price that you stated - and with only those pictures available ? Or still you would try to get some guarantee from seller or demand additional pictures?

He was not "interested in price of concrete coin which he shown" he was interested in "fair market price" for his coin. Usually when people ask for "a price" they mean "fair market price". And than it does not matter who is a buyer and who is a seller.

It is always a good idea to ask a guarantee from a seller. Any seller who sold a fake must take it back as soon as coin is authenticated and found not genuine. In any case if I see this coin for sale cheap enough I would buy it based on pictures available. Based on those pictures probability of it being a fake is very small and I feel comfortable buying with odds like this.

Archived