CoinPeople.com

RNS Marriage Ruble

Thee_Immortal_One

Hello,

I have been absent for a while. I was reading the RNS journal and saw the article on the 1841 Marriage "Ruble".

I have one with GUBE in latin script on both sides. It is Die pair 1 (reverse has the bowed bow string).

Coin described as:

Russia

Marriage Ruble

Plain Edge

bought from M. Louis Teller around year 2000

The obverse is so high relief that I can't get my flatbed scanner to focus without blurring the field.

Just thought I'd let the specimen count go up one.

I have a copper specimen from die pair 1. I am also aware of another copper specimen from the same dies (have a scan, but since it is not mine I will not post it). I heard of one more copper one, but have not seen it, so do not know what die pair it represents.

1841bm_1.jpg

1841bm_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a copper specimen from die pair 1. I am also aware of another copper specimen from the same dies (have a scan, but since it is not mine I will not post it). I heard of one more copper one, but have not seen it, so do not know what die pair it represents.

Igor, can you check on your coin if it has the letters doubled (look like double strike). According to Uzdenikov (I had a letter dd late 80s from him), all coppers are of the same die and all are were double pressed.

Igor, can you check on your coin if it has the letters doubled (look like double strike). According to Uzdenikov (I had a letter dd late 80s from him), all coppers are of the same die and all are were double pressed.

Timofei, I do not see obvious doubling. Will check later with better magnification. Also, according to the latest article in JRNS there are two pairs of dies. One as mine and one as the one in WAG auction from my link above.

Archived