CoinPeople.com

About 9000 Russian coins on e-bay

one-kuna

I found structure of German e-bay for Russian coins more simple & convenient than our own in US.

All Russian coins are divided there by 3 categories:

1. before 1917

2. 1917-1991

3. after 1991

For example, if I search for 5 kopek 1970 for GXseries, - so I go to category 2 where only those year coins can be found,

I DO NOT have to go through couple thousands extra coins more and waiste my time.

The reason of separating category is also that at this time US ebay running about NINE THOUSANDS Russian coins,

which is excellent,

however would be much convenient

if USA EBAY would separate them in 3 categories as their German friends did.

ONE-KUNA

I found structure of German e-bay for Russian coins more simple & convenient than our own in US.

All Russian coins are divided there by 3 categories:

1. before 1917

2. 1917-1991

3. after 1991

For example, if I search for 5 kopek 1970 for GXseries, - so I go to category 2 where only those year coins can be found,

I DO NOT have to go through couple thousands extra coins more and waiste my time.

The reason of separating category is also that at this time US ebay running about NINE THOUSANDS Russian coins,

which is excellent,

however would be much convenient

if USA EBAY would separate them in 3 categories as their German friends did.

ONE-KUNA

I agree the system works much better than the current US system which has upwards of 13,000 lots for sale at certain times. I agree with the three part division, but I would like to add one further division line that could be added directly to the three parts above: a separate category for paper money. It seems like you hit the paper money lots in large groups and I have no interest in it whatsoever. It would be helpful to have those items exist in a separate category.

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to search by ruler, but I think that is a long time off.

I DO NOT have to go through couple thousands extra coins more and waiste my time

Why don't you try the context search within the category?

In your example you should enter "5 kop* 1970" into "Search" field in "Home > Buy > Coins & Paper Money > Coins: World > Europe > Russia> ".

(Actual result: no such coins at ebay.com currently)

You can also use "Save this search and alert me later" function - and you will get notification as soon as this coin appears at ebay...

the whole idea is about drop this section on categries, not on one particular search, I am sure everyone is familiar with different type of searches available there :ninja:

Then maybe it's better to suggest this idea to ebay directly ?

before addressing this to ebay wanted to hear from you and others opinions :)

Archived