CoinPeople.com

hard to believe- EBAY in russian language

one-kuna

hard to believe - ebay in russian language :ninja:

http://www.eim.ebay.ru/

Not good news for me - with ebay being my principal source.

Massive Russian competion will drive prices up.

And traffic will be one way . ;)

Sigi

if go to ebay.com mainpage there is no link to Russia (as country) at the bottom,

however if go to German ebay and look at the same place down there is Russia - why I was wondering :ninja:

if go to ebay.com mainpage there is no link to Russia (as country) at the bottom,

however if go to German ebay and look at the same place down there is Russia - why I was wondering :ninja:

I was thinking that with many countries having restrictions on the the sale of "antiquities" over 50 years of age that maybe that would have some reason that there would not be a link. But why would it have a link through the German Ebay site then?

One thing I have noticed is that through my hundreds of purchases of Russian material through Ebay is that I do not think I have ever purchased a Russian coin from Russia itself. I have purchased many coins from former Soviet satellite states such as Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia with no problems though.

About 10 years ago I bought a coin from Russia and eventually received a book, with no explanation.

Confused, but deciding to leaf through the book anyway (it was about Pushkin) I eventually noticed two pages taped together. Once the pages were separated, there was my coin, amazingly well hidden. Even when I knew it was there and closed the book again I couldn't see it. The pages just seemed to absorb it.

Very cloak and dagger!

:ninja:

About 10 years ago I bought a coin from Russia and eventually received a book, with no explanation.

Confused, but deciding to leaf through the book anyway (it was about Pushkin) I eventually noticed two pages taped together. Once the pages were separated, there was my coin, amazingly well hidden. Even when I knew it was there and closed the book again I couldn't see it. The pages just seemed to absorb it.

Very cloak and dagger!

:ninja:

I had exactly the same experience back then. Still have the book.

I buy coins from seller in Nakhodka, he travels to Japan about once a month and mails coins from there. I get coins mailed from Russia, but usually like book story, they are place in cardboard that is cut out around the coin to secure it and hide it. Learning from that, I mail coins that way now, using corrugated cardboard and cutting out and placing coin in cut out area.

Ukraine seems to be place where I have to beg sellers to wrap well the coins, my son got an ancient Olbian coin from seller in Odessa that was loose in envelope a few years ago.

I buy coins from seller in Nakhodka, he travels to Japan about once a month and mails coins from there. I get coins mailed from Russia, but usually like book story, they are place in cardboard that is cut out around the coin to secure it and hide it. Learning from that, I mail coins that way now, using corrugated cardboard and cutting out and placing coin in cut out area.

Ukraine seems to be place where I have to beg sellers to wrap well the coins, my son got an ancient Olbian coin from seller in Odessa that was loose in envelope a few years ago.

Ive gotten the cardboard treatment myself. Actually quite often. This seems to be the specialty in the former Soviet satellite countries.

Archived