CoinPeople.com

What's So Great About A Cast Medal?!

alexbq2

* from one point looks like shill bidding took place ;)

* from another - because of whole, it is ready to be used for wearing with a large neck chain for a fan -

it is a coronation of Catherine the Great ;)

* last january (2009) in new york sale was auctioned a nice gold medal to the Visitor of grand duke Georgii Mikhailovich- to me and some others it is a modern cast copy, and to you - Peter & Candidate & AlexQ ??? :ninja:

* from one point looks like shill bidding took place ;)

* from another - because of whole, it is ready to be used for wearing with a large neck chain for a fan -

it is a coronation of Catherine the Great ;)

* last january (2009) in new york sale was auctioned a nice gold medal to the Visitor of grand duke Georgii Mikhailovich- to me and some others it is a modern cast copy, and to you - Peter & Candidate & AlexQ ??? :ninja:

Agree.. totaly ;)

Greetings,

I am the seller of the item in question (eBay ID "specie-man"). I can assure you that absolutely no shill bidding took place. All my auctions on eBay are "true" auctions - one-cent start bid, never any reserves, and never any "shill" bidding - the high bidder gets it, simple as that (like it should be).

This medal came to me in a box of other medals, but this was the only Russian one. I do not know the history of this particular piece. The auction description was minimal, but totally accurate. I leave it up to bidders to decide what they make of it.

I have re-listed the medal for sale again because the original high bidder did not pay for it. I received an inquiry as to why I didn't then offer it to the second highest bidder. I did. But the second-highest bidder (who has a substantial positive feedback score) did not respond to the offer.

I sent a second chance offer to the $999 bidder, but they did not respond within the 3-days allotted. The $888 bidder was the same bidder that bid $999. In fact, that bidder placed 11 bids ranging from $66 to $999. eBay wouldn't let me send them a second-chance offer for any amount other than $999. I'd rather re-list the item than send the third-highest bidder a second-chance offer of $57.77 .

You can look up the $1000 high bidder eBay ID ("cancunbeachguy2000") and see that they are "Not a Registered User" at this time. Their feedback indicates purchases of other high-priced Russian items.

Greetings,

I am the seller of the item in question (eBay ID "specie-man"). I can assure you that absolutely no shill bidding took place. All my auctions on eBay are "true" auctions - one-cent start bid, never any reserves, and never any "shill" bidding - the high bidder gets it, simple as that (like it should be).

This medal came to me in a box of other medals, but this was the only Russian one. I do not know the history of this particular piece. The auction description was minimal, but totally accurate. I leave it up to bidders to decide what they make of it.

I have re-listed the medal for sale again because the original high bidder did not pay for it. I received an inquiry as to why I didn't then offer it to the second highest bidder. I did. But the second-highest bidder (who has a substantial positive feedback score) did not respond to the offer.

I sent a second chance offer to the $999 bidder, but they did not respond within the 3-days allotted. The $888 bidder was the same bidder that bid $999. In fact, that bidder placed 11 bids ranging from $66 to $999. eBay wouldn't let me send them a second-chance offer for any amount other than $999. I'd rather re-list the item than send the third-highest bidder a second-chance offer of $57.77 .

You can look up the $1000 high bidder eBay ID ("cancunbeachguy2000") and see that they are "Not a Registered User" at this time. Their feedback indicates purchases of other high-priced Russian items.

Quite amazing! Sounds like someone was having fun with your item.

Greetings,

I am the seller of the item in question (eBay ID "specie-man"). I can assure you that absolutely no shill bidding took place.

as I said earlier "from one point" it looks like shill bidding, meaning not 100 procent, but thank you for show up and

and WELCOME to coinpeople :ninja:

Greetings,

I am the seller of the item in question (eBay ID "specie-man"). I can assure you...

Not a unique name, as one "Michael Marotta" is found to be a cabaret singer and two others dentists, but "dcarr" is known to numismatics for his graphics software applications. Your profile here says nothing about you. Care to elaborate?

Thanks!

Mike M.

Not a unique name, as one "Michael Marotta" is found to be a cabaret singer and two others dentists, but "dcarr" is known to numismatics for his graphics software applications. Your profile here says nothing about you. Care to elaborate?

Thanks!

Mike M.

Why is this important? The man just joined and has a post count of exactly 1 post.

If he wants to give everyone reading in here his full name, age, address, phone number and occupation with a detailed accounting of his medical and sexual history, he is free to do that, but some collectors prefer to try to maintain what privacy they can on the net, for obvious reasons.

Whether he shows up as "dcarr" or "Rumplestiltskin" is of little interest to me. The content of what he says is far more important.

Thanks!

Mike M.

I am the owner/operator of the private Moonlight Mint. I did write my own sculpting/engraving program which I use in the minting process. My business focus is not on the software, but rather on custom minting.

Archived