CoinPeople.com

I don't know if you know this page....

PeterShell

But it is worth to see. Excellent collection !!

http://www.zbior.com/

P.S.

Somehow misterious because we ( mean me and my friends - collecting Russian coins) we don't know who is the owner :ninja:

although he is (probably) Polish....

Interesting that the only poltina pictured of Nicholas II is the rarest (1898) ... ;)

I think that owner decided to show only the best he has..that's why the quality and rarity.

What is special in poltina 1912? (although we may like it...)

thank you for showing, yes the language is polish, very nice coins :ninja:

I think that owner decided to show only the best he has..that's why the quality and rarity.

What is special in poltina 1912? (although we may like it...)

Well, if it has the earlier reverse...? (look at Kazakov, p. 151, for example).

Although I would be proud to own ANY of the coins in this collection, I can't help but feel like there is somehow a lack of collecting focus here. Lots of rare coins, many of them in high condition (but is that 1893 rouble really a proof? :ninja: ). But ... what does this collection want to tell us?

Anyone with the pockets deep enough to afford some of the more high-end items here could make a REALLY interesting collection if they concentrated on fewer areas instead of trying to hit all the bases. It will be very interesting to see how this site develops; I can't help but think that there is more to come.

And thanks for the link! ;)

:ninja: What unspeakable act do I need to commit, and/or which spare body part should I offer, for that stunning 1925 Kopernik 100 złotych? Oh, mama, I think I'm in love... ;)

But it is worth to see. Excellent collection !!

http://www.zbior.com/

P.S.

Somehow misterious because we ( mean me and my friends - collecting Russian coins) we don't know who is the owner :ninja:

although he is (probably) Polish....

Whoever owns these coins is one fortunate collector. It will take me a long time to look through all the Polish coins, but the entire Russian portion is just beautiful, and many scarce pieces! Wow!!!

On a separate note, it seems to me (although I have no statistics to back this up) that Russian coins are disproportionately popular among Polish collectors. Is Russia the most popular topic among collectors of world coins there?

Some of you may know that one can look up who owns any domain name. In this case, the domain is registered through Godaddy and is owned by Proxy, Inc. If you want to know more about Proxy, Inc,:

"Did you know that for each domain name you register, anyone -

anywhere, anytime - can find out your name, home address, phone

number and email address?

The law requires that the personal information you provide with every

domain you register be made public in the "WHOIS" database. Your

identity becomes instantly available - and vulnerable - to spammers,

scammers, prying eyes and worse.

But now there's a solution: Domains By Proxy®!"

If you want to know who Proxy, Inc. represents, you need a legal order.

russian coins were always popular even when everyone was collecting german coinage ( for USSR and Poland time) :ninja:

You know, while I was looking through this website (which, thank you, awesome pics and information) I was really impressed with the quality of the pieces. I guess I have a hard time focusing my collection as well, as bobh noted in his post. I am building a collection of Imperial copper from Paul through Nicholas which is impossible to complete but I do not have a lot of patience to sit around and wait for pieces to come up (and be in my price range, which is an increasingly more significant problem). Anyone with any ideas on how to help focus a collection? Bear in mind that I like to be able to buy at least a few pieces a month and I can in general spend more than about $100 per coin (even though many coins never approach that).

Any thoughts appreciated...

nicholasz219

has anyone tried e-mail from this site: zbior.info@gmail.com :ninja:

You know, while I was looking through this website (which, thank you, awesome pics and information) I was really impressed with the quality of the pieces. I guess I have a hard time focusing my collection as well, as bobh noted in his post. I am building a collection of Imperial copper from Paul through Nicholas which is impossible to complete but I do not have a lot of patience to sit around and wait for pieces to come up (and be in my price range, which is an increasingly more significant problem). Anyone with any ideas on how to help focus a collection? Bear in mind that I like to be able to buy at least a few pieces a month and I can in general spend more than about $100 per coin (even though many coins never approach that).

Any thoughts appreciated...

nicholasz219

Which Nicholas? (I guess Nicholas I...) Do you include the early overstrikes of Catherine II in your Paul coppers?

You might want to try putting together a nice type set for a series, rather than trying to collect by date, mintmark and variety. There will almost always be rare dates which are next to impossible to fill -- first of all, you have to FIND the coin for sale, then you have to have the money, and then -- if you are lucky -- you have to WIN it at an auction. Some coins only show up once every ten years or more at auction, then you have to act quickly and spend a lot of money that you might not be able to spare at that point in time. It's really quite brutal business sometimes!

The other alternative is to accept the fact that the rarest dates will always be out of reach, and to be happy with a collection which is almost complete. This is easiest to do when you try to collect the highest possible grades.

Good luck!

;)

To congratulate? or to ask "where are you?"

I think it is your neighbor :ninja:

Thanks for the reply bobh! No it would be Nicholas II, which makes my collection even more absurd, but I enjoy the range and the opportunity to purchase many pieces that fall within the scope. I think it helps keep me active in the collection instead of waiting for months or years for particular rare pieces to surface.

Archived