CoinPeople.com

Has anyone seen the “A Question of Ownership” in the latest issue of The Numismatist?

porcupine

Stop fighting and start working together.

Dursus, you have said it all. :ninja: And you have said it so well.

But that last statement of yours can be applied to just about any situation. If we could simply adopt that as our universal slogan it would resolve just about anything that is wrong with our world. ;)

It seems so simple but so hard to achieve. :ninja: Its frustrating hearing both sides firing off insulting missives at and about each other. Collectors and sellers of ancient certainly do have reason to fear the other side as some on the archeology side see no reason for allowing people to own anything ancient and belittle collectors as 'coin fondlers' typifying collecting as a fetish. Many in the collector/seller community simply refuse to admit there is a problem or that any added steps or restrictions is never an answer. I even saw one collector seller saying there is no such thing as looting as the term is so relative, it has no meaning. This isnt even the most extreme...one collector seller using hyperbole at its finest typified anyone who did not stand up and fight coins being added to the MOU as being akin to Neville Chamberlain appeasing Hitler. ;) This is the garbage clouding the waters.

interesting list of items permitted to take out of country ( see autos -xa-xa-xa-xa ) :ninja:

interesting list of items permitted to take out of country ( see autos -xa-xa-xa-xa ) :ninja:

auto: it means that old model car "pobeda" - has no historical meaning and value - unbelivable - only in russia ;)

Is that really true? From the first link:

"*Со 2 марта 2009 г. вывоз гражданами и организациями современных произведений изобразительного и декоративно-прикладного искусства, сувенирной продукции, а также предметов детского творчества и быта, не подпадающих под действие Закона РФ «О вывозе и ввозе культурных ценностей», будет осуществляться по справкам, выданным Московской службой по сохранению культурных ценностей при Департаменте культуры города Москвы."

I got this summer the permit to export from Russia to Europe 4 russian coins each older than 100 years made of gold and silver. The coins cost from 1 000 to 3 000 USD each. Now the coins are in Europe (w/o any problems with the russian customs). Everything was done in strict compliance with the applicable laws. Before it was done even i could not believe it but i've tried it and - FULL SUCСESS.

auto: it means that old model car "pobeda" - has no historical meaning and value - unbelivable - only in russia :ninja:

I have only ever seen one Pobeda that was actually running, I tried to get photo of it, but it was dark light and my camera flash not working - then light change and Pobeda gone. They and especially the older versions of GaZ-21 are very popular cars in ex-USSR. To own one of those cars back in late 1950's and early 1960's was prestigious and people do not forget that.

Here is photo of Pobeda car that is used as advert for taxi company in city Donets'k:

Pobedi Na Donets'ku

It only chance to see this car often. As noted I saw one in traffic one evening, in front of the theatre on Ul. Artyoma but no pictures. Lots of GaZ-21, they still rare but can find. The price on a very nice one starts out at $20.000 dollars.

I got this summer the permit to export from Russia to Europe 4 russian coins each older than 100 years made of gold and silver. The coins cost from 1 000 to 3 000 USD each. Now the coins are in Europe (w/o any problems with the russian customs). Everything was done in strict compliance with the applicable laws. Before it was done even i could not believe it but i've tried it and - FULL SUCСESS.

That is actually a very good thing to hear. How long did the entire process take? Was it too much of a hassle?

hard to believe that;

what was a motivation/judgement of those coins at paper permit ? were they discribed as no value, but they had?

how much was the cost of issuing such permit ?

That is actually a very good thing to hear. How long did the entire process take? Was it too much of a hassle?

I was not in a hurry that is why it took a week:

you go w/o coins to Rosohrankultura and they give you a written document addressed to the expert giving also a mobile telephone number of the expert

you agree with the expert the time and place of hte meeting , you meet and he examines the coins and give his opinion directly to Rosohrankultura but he tells you what he will write

2 days later you go to Rosohrankultura, they give you a permit and put coins into the envelope and seale and sign it

you go to the customs with the envelope, customs declaration and the permit, they call the expert from the ministry of culture, this expert comes, exemines the permit and the coins and seal and sign the customs declaration, thereafter the custom officer sign and seal the declaration - THAT IS ALL

you go w/o coins to Rosohrankultura and they give you a written document addressed to the expert giving also a mobile telephone number of the expert

you agree with the expert the time and place of hte meeting , you meet and he examines the coins and give his opinion directly to Rosohrankultura but he tells you what he will write

2 days later you go to Rosohrankultura, they give you a permit and put coins into the envelope and seale and sign it

you go to the customs with the envelope, customs declaration and the permit, they call the expert from the ministry of culture, this expert comes, exemines the permit and the coins and seal and sign the customs declaration, thereafter the custom officer sign and seal the declaration - THAT IS ALL

Interesting... Did you have to state the reason the coins were to be taken out of the country?

Seeing most of this discussion reminds me of all angry discussion about theology betwixt members of a religious affiliation I saw in Kyiv airport few years ago. ;)

:ninja:

hard to believe that;

what was a motivation/judgement of those coins at paper permit ? were they discribed as no value, but they had?

how much was the cost of issuing such permit ?

no motivation is necessary except for 1 thing - could the coin be considered as a part of national treasure or not. The number of coins of national importense is very limited. All the others move absolutely free.

It costs 100 roubles per coin.

Archived