CoinPeople.com

Gotta love ebay

KoRnholio

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...E:X:RTQ:CA:1123

I messaged him saying I will be reporting his auction, and that he should know better than to put up an auction for a coin in a slab with that description. Fake slab, grossly overrated coin. Somehow he has 1634/100% feedback.

His reply back:

"I am astonished that you can tell so much about a coin just from a picture. Further it is not a fake slab, I grade my own coins. I will be reporting you for sending harassing emails. I have blocked you from ever buying any coins from me. Don

- margeo29"

All I need to see is the gross polished look, all the dings in the one in focus pic and homemade slab with an MS65 sticker on it.

Whilst I agree that it is overgraded, it is not a fake slab but merely a way of him displaying and protecting his coins. He makes that much very clear.

Plus the seller even says "The successful bidder will have 7 days (seven days) to examine this coin and if they feel it is not the quality I have described, they are welcome to return the item for a full refund."

That would be why he has such good feedback, I would imagine, as he knows that grading is so subjective.

Whilst I agree that it is overgraded, it is not a fake slab but merely a way of him displaying and protecting his coins. He makes that much very clear.

Plus the seller even says "The successful bidder will have 7 days (seven days) to examine this coin and if they feel it is not the quality I have described, they are welcome to return the item for a full refund."

That would be why he has such good feedback, I would imagine, as he knows that grading is so subjective.

Subjective yes, but pawning off a polished/circulated/dinged up coin as MS65 is not. It's also against Ebay policy to advertise 3rd party graded coins (or raw) that aren't PCGS/NGC/ANACS with a numerical grade in the title.

What he is trying to do is definitely shady, looking to take advantage of buyers who won't know the different when they get the coin, and end up keeping it.

I think the problem is much deeper..

Why there are such people that are producing this kind of a s..t?

Because there is a huge group that buys plastic box and nothing more. Their knowledge about coins

is limited to the mark on this box.. If it says "MS63" he will buy it even if there is a monkey doodle inside.

Sorry to say that..but most of them come from one country? - figure which one :ninja:

• 2 months later...

I think the problem is much deeper..

Why there are such people that are producing this kind of a s..t?

Because there is a huge group that buys plastic box and nothing more. Their knowledge about coins

is limited to the mark on this box.. If it says "MS63" he will buy it even if there is a monkey doodle inside.

Sorry to say that..but most of them come from one country? - figure which one :ninja:

Someone sold doggie do's nicely wrapped with a bow., and it sold. So go figure .

Archived