CoinPeople.com

Is this the best Coin Forum?

idunk

Do any of you have an opinion if this coin forum is the best or one of the best on the internet for U.S. coinage?  Any other good ones you care to share?  Maybe it's not fair to ask that!?

I will tell you something that should once and for all answer your question.

Since I came here, I still didn't have any complaint at all about my continious questions about anything and everything... that is saying!!!

This is by far the best you will find anywhere.

But as someone already mentioned, if you want somewhere for english coins Predecimal is a good one too.

I only post on these two forums and agree there are a lot of knowledgeble

people on both

I read but do not post on german and a flemish forum because they have a very extensive knowledge base on (horror of horrors) coincleaning methods and I like to read those allthough I do not allways agree on the methods used

Coin cleaning is still a useful art (or science) but should only be practiced by experts if the service is done to order for the owner of the coin. With the advent of retoning technology, there are probably many more cleaned coins being sold today than at any time since the anti-cleaning fetish became the latest fashion.

Well it's the best, since you convinced even some non-numismatic people to join. Banivechi was having so much fun I knew there's something going on here ;)

It's one of the best communities I have seen and I do activate in more than 70 forums now. Stujoe, you've done an awesome thing here :ninja:

Do any of you have an opinion if this coin forum is the best or one of the best on the internet for U.S. coinage?  Any other good ones you care to share?  Maybe it's not fair to ask that!?

Yes, I have an opinion on that subject.

Yes, there are others I'd like to share (www.cointalk.org).

Sometimes I think we are too obsessed with the "best". But, yeah, for me, this place is a heck of a lot of fun.

It is a very friendly place as virtually everyone on here is polite and pleasant. Maybe the moderators are doing such a great job that I don't even know they are there. If you haven't seen a lot of bizzare monitor-muscle induced Esquabbling, then you should be happy that you don't know what you are missing. Entertaining to a degree, I suppose, but rather annoying after you see it a few times.

There is plenty of expertise here. I certainly want that and I also do not want to "know" more than anyone else on the forum. There is a great range in the degree of expertise - so everybody can make a contribution and that makes for a lively atmosphere. The place has as much or more tolerance than others I have seen.

Lots of activity and a huge amount of variety, so when I have the time I can wander into "darkside" topics about coins or (*shudder*) currency that I don't collect.

The "conversations" are enthusiastically on topic (as I broadly define on-topic). Not much in the way of stuffiness, confrontation or elitism - but not sanitized - plenty of opinions. That is a huge plus for a coin club (and that is how I think of these types of forums).

Fantastic show and tell here!

I guess I would state my opinion thusly: There are many coin forums out there and I am happy to be a member of this one.

It's probably the best question/answer coin forum on the net for sure.  We don't think people silly for asking questions and everyone likes to help out.

I agree. When I came here I was a little scared to ask questions because the possibility of being made fun of. Doesn't bother me one bit now because I know the people here are willing to help and they were in my shoes at one point. Heck, where else can I get a answer to my questions within 10 minutes by knowledgable people?

I do "feel at home" here and won't leave for a very, very, very long time.

Archived