CoinPeople.com

1962 "Arrowhead" Can Silver Dollars Where is the Arrowhead?

Capnbidwell

I have two Silver Dollars. The 2x2's stated they were of the Arrowhead variety that refers to a die clash. I can't find much info on them out there. Where is the Arrowhead?

Dollar1963AHdetail.jpg

Here is the who reverse.

Dollar1963AHrv.jpg

Try this link at nwcoin.com. Select the click to enlarge. They have the 1962 for sale and note there were 1961, 1962, and 1963 varieties that were popular. My guess is that they were popular for a while, but they never took hold as a serious part of the collecting series. Yours does not appear to match the nwcoins image, but then the effect from the clashed dies would be rather subtle. Since they handle the "variety" as part of their stock, nwcoin might be a good source to contact.

(Edited to remove a probable copyrighted image now that the poster has an answer. Others can go to the link above to see the image.)

I got some good advice from some people on another form and I understand now. The clash is triangle shaped and it is near the shoulder of the native. There is another clash near his elbow on the canoe. It is very subtle, I will try to get a photo of it and post it when I get the time.

Archived