CoinPeople.com

1840 Nova Scotia Penny

TroyMosher

Do these coins appear in any price guide?

Judging by the way that wear has obliterated the boundaries between the hair over the eye and the face as well as obliterating the boundaries between the reverse border and the main field of the coin in many places, I would say "good" at best. This coin has seen much use.

Judging by the way that wear has obliterated the boundaries between the hair over the eye and the face as well as obliterating the boundaries between the reverse border and the main field of the coin in many places, I would say "good" at best. This coin has seen much use.

I don't know much about tokens, but I imagine the pre-1858 tokens did see a lot of circulation. After 1858 decimal coins for Canada were being minted, which would have helped a lot.

It's definitely been worn down quite a bit, and I have no idea what this issue looks like mint or how it wears, but I'd say it's better than good as there's still some hairs visible above the ear.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe mine is in better shape than this one

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1840-NS-1-2-PENNY-TOKEN...=item335f78a44d

I'd say just a hair (pun intended :ninja:) worse. There's a little bit more detail on the bun, hairline at the top of her head, and the band behind the ear. On the reverse it's a lot more clear, there's a lot more detail on that thistle than on yours.

Based on that being VF20, I'd say yours is F15, maybe just F12 since the reverse has quite a bit more wear.

Archived