CoinPeople.com

rare russian bank notes

gareth

i have three notes from 1918/1919, cant tell exactly as one note only has one side printed and the other two have large sections missing. the note with one side unprinted is a 30 rubel note and the other two are 250 rubel notes. one other strange thing i noticed with the two matching notes is that they both have the same serial number. could anyone give me some advice on how and where i could get these notes valued without having to pay a fortune.

thanx gareth. :ninja:

i have three notes from 1918/1919, cant tell exactly as one note only has one side printed and the other two have large sections missing. the note with one side unprinted is a 30 rubel note and the other two are 250 rubel notes. one other strange thing i noticed with the two matching notes is that they both have the same serial number. could anyone give me some advice on how and where i could get these notes valued without having to pay a fortune.

thanx gareth. :ninja:

Post some photos of the notes, that would help with determining a value.

Post some photos of the notes, that would help with determining a value.

i have put up scans of notes, not to sure on wot i was doing but there on including one extra scan of the same. ;)

as i said before any help on pricing these and an idea of how to sell would be great. thanx again gareth :ninja:;)

That's impressive, those are cool errors :ninja: Especially the one printed on only one side, with the denomination and signatures totally absent from the 30 Rouble note. As far as price, I am not sure, I haven't seen too many Russian error notes around to get a good assessment. If you're looking to sell and see what you get, I would try ebay, there's a lot of Russian collectors on there every day looking for good stuff.

That's impressive, those are cool errors :ninja: Especially the one printed on only one side, with the denomination and signatures totally absent from the 30 Rouble note. As far as price, I am not sure, I haven't seen too many Russian error notes around to get a good assessment. If you're looking to sell and see what you get, I would try ebay, there's a lot of Russian collectors on there every day looking for good stuff.

thanx mate but i dont know wot price to start at, dont want to give them away. ;)

anyone else help. :ninja:

I did a quick search on Ebay: World Notes - Worldwide Locations - types in Russia Errors.... Neat stuff, but the only one like yours is this one: Link to Ebay Russian Error

Not a bad place to start. Watch it and see if it sells.

You can search completed listing on Ebay for Russian Errors too - maybe some have sold in the past.... Be sure to check the Worldwide Location though. Lots more results.

Scan_3.jpg

Nice. I have not seen one of these in a while, my grandfather had some. There are a lot of signature variations and some without. I am told they were counterfeited a lot.

The 30 Rubles is P-99. The water mark should be stars. Is the back inverted?

The 250 is P-102 is the watermarks numbers or stars?

if they were noramal you can get either for under 5 USD UNC. but an inverted 30 Rubles goes for a bit more. Not sure what a printing error would go for.

Nice. I have not seen one of these in a while, my grandfather had some. There are a lot of signature variations and some without. I am told they were counterfeited a lot.

The 30 Rubles is P-99. The water mark should be stars. Is the back inverted?

The 250 is P-102 is the watermarks numbers or stars?

if they were noramal you can get either for under 5 USD UNC. but an inverted 30 Rubles goes for a bit more. Not sure what a printing error would go for.

tanx everyone :ninja:

Referring to the 250 Ruble notes you say, that they have the same serial number. But there is no serial number on the notes. What you take for the serial number is only the block number. Of each block a lot notes were printed, nobody knows how many. Maybe a million.

These notes (not the errors) are very common notes.

Erwin

Archived