CoinPeople.com

Thanks for the help

ovrundr

Thanks to several folks on this forum, I was able to put the final touch on my cash register, coins. It has IHC, V nickels, Barber quarters and halfs, and Morgan dollars.

Here are a couple pictures for those that are interested. Here is what it looks like:

P8190819-600.JPG

Here are a couple of before and aftrer pictures for those that are interested:

before 1

before 2

after 1

after 2

Again, thanks to those who gave advice and help me find coins.

Well it took alot of scrubbing and a lot of rubbing and a lot of brasso but it does look good now. :ninja:

Actually, I took the covers off and sent the to get clean and nickel plated. So most of the work was done by the Brass Register Shoppe. I clean and oiled the inside and replaced the keys. So my total effort was about 10 hours.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Great looking register.  Is it going to be used in an exhibit?

Well that depends on my wife, She thinks it is large and over powering. I think it should go in the living room. Well see who wins. The only thing for sure at this point is that it will be in the house somewhere as my personal exhibit. Since I've worked for NCR for half my life, I figured I should own something that NCR produced.

Well that depends on my wife, She thinks it is large and over powering. I think it should go in the living room. Well see who wins. The only thing for sure at this point is that it will be in the house somewhere as my personal exhibit. Since I've worked for NCR for half my life, I figured I should own something that NCR produced.

That's a good choice of types to have as an example of NCR's brass registers. Those things are pretty valuable in their own right, aren't they?

Archived