CoinPeople.com

Canadian living in Los Angeles

Howdo!

I have been collecting coins since I was a cubscout in the 60's. I have been going over my collection and have decided to downsize it a bit this summer.

Welcome! What do you focus on?

I mostly go after Canadian Silver Dollars. I started out with US pocket change. When my family would take road trips across the US my father would get me rolls of pennies at the banks and I would spend the time in the car sorting through the pennies. I remember getting excited about Indian Heads, steel pennies and anything minted in San Francisco.

Hello

I was a cubscout in the 60's......I collected coins back then.....I have downsized several times....even once involuntarily :ninja:

So, what do you collect (opps I should read previous posts before posting) and what will you get rid of? That was always a hard decision for me. Each time I downsized; I started up in a new direction. It was kind of liberating actually.

Dale

Howdo!

I have been collecting coins since I was a cubscout in the 60's. I have been going over my collection and have decided to downsize it a bit this summer.

Hello

I was a cubscout in the 60's......I collected coins back then.....I have downsized several times....even once involuntarily :ninja:

So, what do you collect (opps I should read previous posts before posting) and what will you get rid of? That was always a hard decision for me. Each time I downsized; I started up in a new direction. It was kind of liberating actually.

Dale

Over the years I have picked up deals at coin shows and auctions. I look back at some of these coins stashed away in a safe and I see my handwriting on holder, but I have no memory of why I bought it. I am going to sell off duplicates and some of these extraneous coins. I want to use the profits to buy quality silver and gold coins, those are the ones that appreciate the best.

Every year like clock work I have bought a few mint/proof sets from the Canadian and US mints. That has been the biggest disappointment. I don't think their value has kept up with inflation. I am no investor, but its nice to see some sort of appreciation on the collection.

I have many fun pennies from the old days. Rolls of steel pennies marked with little kid hand writing. I can't let these go - got to find a you niece or nephew who might be bit by the bug.

Archived