CoinPeople.com

British India Banknotes

Ætheling

Does anyone know a good place to buy these? I realise that they are scarce and expensive and thus I don't want to go laying out a lot of money and end up with a dud. I am not a bank note collector as a rule (never really had much experience of them), but those Indian notes are beauties and would fit in with my expanding Indian coin collection.

Does anyone know a good place to buy these? I realise that they are scarce and expensive and thus I don't want to go laying out a lot of money and end up with a dud. I am not a bank note collector as a rule (never really had much experience of them), but those Indian notes are beauties and would fit in with my expanding Indian coin collection.

British India notes are regularly featured in many prominent auctions. And you are right, they are expensive, although not that scarce. Unfortunately, the prices have gone up nearly 10-fold for most notes in the last 10 years because of internet.

Anyway, check out Lyn Knight, Spink, Mavin's and Baldwin or sometimes even Bowers and Merena. They all regularly have very large selections of British India notes.

Archived