CoinPeople.com

Post your Jeffersons

Art

I really like Jefferson nickels. The design is very nice and Jefferson was one of the greatest of our Founding Fathers. He was a very interesting man and accomplished much in many fields, a true American Renaissance man. The Westward Expansion coins added interest to this long running series and have increased collector interest but not very much in the long run.

I hope you have some nice Jeffersons to share and that you enjoy this thread.

This nickel is much nicer in person.

3933962824_5d3f616570.jpg

Here's a nice Jefferson/Buffalo. One of the Westward Expansion Series coins. SMS with a matte finish. I really like it.

3505042318_e951326382_o.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Art, thank you SO much for taking the initiative for this great thread. The Roosevelt thread has become one of my favorites here and I've been meaning to start this one for a while. I'm excited to see all the beautiful examples of my favorite circulating series.

Art, thank you SO much for taking the initiative for this great thread. The Roosevelt thread has become one of my favorites here and I've been meaning to start this one for a while. I'm excited to see all the beautiful examples of my favorite circulating series.

:ninja:;);) That's a beauty if ever there was one.

Nice Jeffersons Scott. The war nickel looks pretty dark. They tend to do that in circulation or less than perfect storage.

:ninja:;);) That's a beauty if ever there was one.

Thanks! That was when I was bored and had disposable income and saw a decent deal on Heritage. Seems like $120 is a great price for a pretty proof from 1938!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a few Jeffersons today.

4673309506_91f54ca6c7_o.jpg4672684263_0a68ab6f4a_o.jpg

4673309434_4ed2c27728_o.jpg4672684199_a50b03e8e0_o.jpg

Pics aren't too good the they come from a super reliable seller.

Nice nickels Mark. I don't bother keeping the 2004 and 2005 issues, just too many floating around out there.

I very rarely see a keel boat. Followed by the peace pipe.

BTW forgot to add captions for coins. Top one has a lamination along the crease on Jefferson's lapel. Next one gold toned inside mint package. Third a sms. Fourth struck through grease area in front of forehead, on to face, and coming off chin.

Most of the Jefferson's I have are in mint or proof sets. And I only photographed a few of those. Just to hard to get pictures on them through the cellophane or plastic.

Hurrah for eBay! Uncirculated 2009P and D Jeffs and Roosies for two and a half bucks, and the seller threw in the 2010 P and D shield cents, completely unexpectedly! With shipping, it came to five bucks total; going to a local coin shop would've cost $3.50 just for the bus there and back, never mind the cost of the coins.

Pursuant to the topic, though, here's just the Jeffs:

982290.jpg

982291.jpg

Nice nickels. I have to agree that finding older Jeffersons is not difficult. I wonder if this would hold for other series if the metal composition had not changed.

It might just be me, but I absolutely despise the new design for the nickel. In my opinion, they are visually unappealing, and they seem to be easier to damage than any other (American) coin I've ever seen.

I'm not really a big fan of the current 'Miss Hathaway' design -- I'm sorry, but TJ looks like Nancy Culp on the current nickel, and that's all there is to it. I really liked what my then-roomie called the 'peekaboo' design, with Jefferson's bust coming in from the side.