CoinPeople.com

Can someone identify this coin/medal

jax1964

I have a Russian coin/medal that I cannot find anywhere. It has on one side has the E monogram of Catherine the great with the laurel and palm wreath partially surrounding it and the crown above. The reverse side shows, what looks like, an island/land with the sun rising or setting over it. There are clouds on either side of the suns rays with a banner joining them with a ram on it and the numeral XXI. There is Russian writing below the scene with a date 1793.

It has no denomination or mint mark on it.

Any ideas what it is?

russian.jpg

I have a Russian coin/medal that I cannot find anywhere. It has on one side has the E monogram of Catherine the great with the laurel and palm wreath partially surrounding it and the crown above. The reverse side shows, what looks like, an island/land with the sun rising or setting over it. There are clouds on either side of the suns rays with a banner joining them with a ram on it and the numeral XXI. There is Russian writing below the scene with a date 1793.

It has no denomination or mint mark on it.

Any ideas what it is?

Thought I had uploaded the other side of the coin but it doesn't show so am uploading it aagain

russian2.jpg

Thought I had uploaded the other side of the coin but it doesn't show so am uploading it aagain

first of all it is a medal and i think it is dedicated to Catherine II's 64 year aniiversary :ninja:

Medal on 64-th Anniversary of Birth of Catherine II. By Maria Feodorovna. Diakov 233.1, but there it is listed in silver only. Copper pieces could be struck at later time.

WCO

Thank you so much.

Do you have a web address where I can view the silver medal?

Archived