CoinPeople.com

5kop1762 eagle variant

sigistenz

Hi, my latest acquisition is this 5kop1762. Note the many feathers.

5kop1762manyfeathers.jpg:ninja:

Below see another one with (I dare say) the normal eagle.

"Normal" because the 9 pictures of the 5kop1762 in my archives all show this smooth eagle.

5kop1762.jpg

Which eagle has your 5kop1762? Thank you, Sigi

Nice Sigi. Yes, there are variants. The Elizabeth copper 5K is an under-studied issue, for sure. I have an example I labelled as 'unlisted eagle', however I don't have it in front of me so don't know if it's similar to yours.

Best

Steve

Hi, my latest acquisition is this 5kop1762. Note the many feathers.

5kop1762manyfeathers.jpg;)

:ninja: Very nice coin, Sigi ... it is VERY HARD to find the Elisabeth 5 kopecks in such great shape!

Nice Sigi. Yes, there are variants. The Elizabeth copper 5K is an under-studied issue, for sure. I have an example I labelled as 'unlisted eagle', however I don't have it in front of me so don't know if it's similar to yours.

Best

Steve

Hi Steve, please do check when you have the time :ninja: , thank you, best, Sigi

Another amazing find, Sigi! Very nice. Out of curiosity, did you see the this variety before or after you bought it? It's a remarkably different-looking type once you know what to look for.

The eBay seller had shown good pictures. I could see that his coin was better than mine (reason enough to bid) :ninja:

AND that the eagle was different, a welcome by effect. Sigi

-

as i remember without going through book references only two mints were striking these -

can be then its difference

as i remember without going through book references only two mints were striking these -

can be then its difference

According to catalogs the 5kop1758 without mintmark was struck in both Ekaterinburg and Sestrorezk.

All 5 kopeks 1759 through 1762 w/o mintmark were struck in Ekaterinburg only. :ninja: Sigi

Archived