CoinPeople.com

my light coinage groat

chris

hi again peoples

i hav a groat from edward iv. this i am led to believe is a light coinage piece. now unlike the charles shilling i put up on this forum a few days ago in which i had real doubts with this coin seems more real but any advise would be appreciated

the coin weighs 2.1 grams, thats my main question but i im not sure but this could be due to clipping! and this is a light coinage coin

my other questioning on this piece is at just after 9 0 clock on the obverse of the coin

the colour seems ok comparing it to my shilling though and some real hammered coins but does seem to have a bubbly finish but also this could be due to being in the ground

dont know of there are any minelab metal detectorists out there but im getting a 10 ferrous 6 conductivity readout on it

thanks

2010_05_01_11_06_56.459.jpg

hi again peoples

i hav a groat from edward iv. this i am led to believe is a light coinage piece. now unlike the charles shilling i put up on this forum a few days ago in which i had real doubts with this coin seems more real but any advise would be appreciated

the coin weighs 2.1 grams, thats my main question but i im not sure but this could be due to clipping! and this is a light coinage coin

my other questioning on this piece is at just after 9 0 clock on the obverse of the coin

the colour seems ok comparing it to my shilling though and some real hammered coins but does seem to have a bubbly finish but also this could be due to being in the ground

thanks

2010_05_01_11_07_17.990.jpg

Archived