CoinPeople.com

Coin Art or Coin Abuse?

Trantor_3

I got my niece a necklace with a cut out Irish hare 3 pence so I say this is art.

Wayyyyyyy overpriced compared to what I paid but art none the less.

Wow!!! Those are somewhat "pricey", but I kinda like 'em :ninja:

I guess it's more towards arts. Come on, most of his coins there on sale have a mintage of like some MILLIONS of them. But if he did that with some rare "trial" or "pattern" coins, now that's going to be a contrivesial issue :ninja:;)

Well some of them would normally just be coins that'd either be worn out, or melted for scrap, so why not make them into something that'll last?

I have a Kennedy Half like this that I found out in a field while playing football ;)

My guess is they dont have the picture of the Double Eagle because they arent going to cut into that bad boy until they have cash in hand :ninja:

-Bobby

On the one hand, the purist wanna be coin collector in me said, "Eeeek--they defaced those marvelous coins!"

On the other hand, "Wow, what craftsmen, can you imagine the tlc they had to put into those pieces?"

I think I really like the jewelry and appreciate the talents of the craftsmen but it's not aluminum cans that need recycled--the coins are already valuable. Maybe if they made things out of trash instead of treasure?

I, too, am a sinner, or a least one of my ancestors was. My mother gave me a bracelet she received as a gift when she was a child. It has a dozen or more world wide coins with a single hole punch in them so they can hang from the bracelet as charms. I adore it and wouldn't sell it for a million dollars (or would I? :ninja:)

I have a full set of necklace, bracelet and ear rings of the Merc Dime. I'm a sinner :ninja: but I love my set.

The mercs are nice when they're pierced like that. Piercing a coin like a merc or Barber dime has long been an exercise assigned to students taking a jewelers' course of study . Piercing, or sawing out a pattern in a piece of jewelry, is a standard procedure in making and repairing jewelry and silverware.

BTW, do you still have the pierced Bermuda Easter Lily dime charm you bought from me last year?

Archived