CoinPeople.com

Banknote Designers

MMMM

Does anyone have any links or book titles that have the Biographies of Banknote Designers?

I know that frenchbanknotes.com has probably the best collection of biographies. Does anyone have any more?

Thank you,

There are several books by Gene Hessler that address the Engravers of Banknotes. The Engraver's Line and the International Engraver's Line. I'm not aware of anthing equivalent for the designers.

There are several books by Gene Hessler that address the Engravers of Banknotes. The Engraver's Line and the International Engraver's Line. I'm not aware of anthing equivalent for the designers.

Thank you, I think I am going find "The International Engraver's Line: Paper Money and Postage Stamp Engravers and Their Work from the 1700s to the Euro " looks intereseting

They are not "cheap", but well worth the money you will pay for them. When I ordered mine I got them signed by Gene Hessler, and a special intaglio engraved portrait:

scan00022.jpg

By John S. Wallace, a retired engraver from American Banknote Company.

They are not "cheap", but well worth the money you will pay for them. When I ordered mine I got them signed by Gene Hessler, and a special intaglio engraved portrait:

By John S. Wallace, a retired engraver from American Banknote Company.

Nice portrait.

Yes, I noticed they are bit costly.

Thank you, I think I am going find "The International Engraver's Line: Paper Money and Postage Stamp Engravers and Their Work from the 1700s to the Euro " looks intereseting

i just looked for this in my local library's catalogue ... two copies in all of northern california. one is a reference work at the sfpl main branch (this doesn't leave the library) and the other may or may not be available for loan from the sacramento public library. amazon has 'em used and new from $54 ...

maybe the ANA's library has a copy?

Archived