• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking of birds, this one is on a Ukraine 200 HRYVEN 2007. The Ukraine banknote has come a long way since the banknotes from 1991.

929297A.jpg

Ah the "kuponyi" which were like little worthless bits of paper that were easily faked. They were replaced with the first generation of hryven denominated notes that looked like they were printed in the 1930s. I didn't like using them in circulation because they were easy to mix up denominations - but even now it can be confusing with 1 and 5 hryven notes similar colours, and 2 and 10 hryven notes similar colours.

Nice Bird - Beautiful Plumage!

But is that Bambi and Thumper on back? If so, I gotta have it!

A beutiful note.

I believe that is "Uncle Rabbit" and "Uncle Wolf" from "the Adventures of Uncle Rabbit and Uncle Wolf"

Ah the "kuponyi" which were like little worthless bits of paper that were easily faked. They were replaced with the first generation of hryven denominated notes that looked like they were printed in the 1930s. I didn't like using them in circulation because they were easy to mix up denominations - but even now it can be confusing with 1 and 5 hryven notes similar colours, and 2 and 10 hryven notes similar colours.

Interesting, what type of bird is it? It looks like a crane of sort.

• 2 weeks later...

In Australia, animals tend to be the domain of coins, but there are a few examples of animals on backnotes.

Pre decimal 10 pound, George V & George VI issues. Signature series looks like Coombs/Watts so most likely late 1940's/early 1950's

BX2566BACK.jpg

$1 - 1966-1984 Aboriginal artwork

1AustRev.jpg

$2 - 1966-1988 John Macarthur and marino sheep

1966_Australian_2_note_front.jpg

Current $10 & $100 note, both featuring horses.

10_Australian_dollars_front.jpg

100_Australian_dollars_back.jpg

This thread inspired me to go through me collection and I found these examples

Australian 1 Pound - George V. This one is a Riddle/Sheenan signiture set, early 1930's.

AU1pound.jpg

Cambodia 500 Riels (apologies for the poor quality)

cambodoa500.jpg

Indonesia 20000 Rupiah

indon20000rupiah.jpg

Malayan JIM $100 & $1000

MJIM.jpg

Qatar, 1 & 5 Riyals

qatar.jpg

New Zealand, old $1 & $2

NZD12.jpg

Nice selection, I love the New Zealand. I will have to look for one of those Australian 1 Pounds for my collection.

I don't know your budget, but Aussie predecimal doesn't come cheap these day, the note I posted above is one I picked up earlier this year in VF condition (a nice VF though) for over A$650 (as of today that translate to US$650!). I'm trying to get as much Aussie predecimal I can afford while I can, especially the George V & George VI issues.

This is my other animals.

A-41george1lb.jpg

I picked up one of these earlier this week :grin: