Collecting Animals Banknotes

see323

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See, how you able to pair serial numbers across denominations so easily?

This New Zealand first prefix numbered set was released by RBNZ. It's limited to 1000 sets. I only bought it recently. Unfortunately, I missed one digit in the serial number. It would have been nicer if it is 000555. Much more closer to my collection theme. Anyway, it is still a good set to keep and enjoy. MMMM also has a set which he posted it earlier in this animal collecting theme topic.

This New Zealand first prefix numbered set was released by RBNZ. It's limited to 1000 sets. I only bought it recently. Unfortunately, I missed one digit in the serial number. It would have been nicer if it is 000555. Much more closer to my collection theme. Anyway, it is still a good set to keep and enjoy. MMMM also has a set which he posted it earlier in this animal collecting theme topic.

It is too bad you missed the last digit. Some day it may show up.

I bleive that the RBNZ releases these sets almost yearly. The problem is getting on the list. I have the 1992 set, but I have seen 1994, 2003 and a 2006.

It is too bad you missed the last digit. Some day it may show up.

I bleive that the RBNZ releases these sets almost yearly. The problem is getting on the list. I have the 1992 set, but I have seen 1994, 2003 and a 2006.

I noticed a NZ collector has the 000555 set. Anyway, it does not matter. My main collection is solid 5s.

Maybe you can check with RBNZ.

Nice.

I guess cats are not culturally equated with value or strength, and are not considered worthy of showing up on most banknotes. Cats I would guess are considered independent and uncontrollable. Who would want to give that image on their money unless there was a bit of a money crises going on.

As far as cats go, I have only one. A few years ago a supplier had a few German Notgeld which had depictions of historical folklore regarding old witchcraft tales, etc. I picked a few of them up, and have not seen any others elsewhere since. This one has a black cat on a witch with a bunch of witches flying and riding off after apparently scaring some motorcoach passengers. There's also the requsted pig from a few posts back as well.

muamo1.jpg

This one is of the fleet footed Ostrich from Botswana. Surprisingly, I seem to have only onne of this animal too:

2mcdbme.jpg

Dave,

That Macedonia 10 denar is very colorful.

Good find on the Pig, they are rare. I will have to start looking at Notgeld.

I forgot about Ostriches. I think Botswana is the only one that has ostrich's on their notes. I think a Emus on the Australian notes are about as rare. I will need to scan them in.